Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 3

'...quiet types who loves to read Tolstoy for fun' STANFORD SUPPLEMENT: Letter to Roommate

adatiger96 4 / 7  
Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate-and us-know you better.

You know the quiet types who loves to read Tolstoy for fun? Always locked away in a room, lost within a book, probably Walden, contemplating ice as an interesting subject?

Well, I hate to disappoint you but that isn't me. I'm the girl you'll never find reading Tolstoy for fun. In fact you might not find me at all. I'd rather spend my free time experiencing all Stanford has to offer outside of our dorm. I'd love for you to join me!

That said, if you decide you'd prefer to experience Stanford with Tolstoy instead, here are some of the places you'll find me:

Any of the cultural houses: Maybe its from growing up in a Nigerian house, but I can't imagine living without hearing native languages and smelling foreign spices. You can expect that I'll join the house for group discussions or delicious meals.

Room next door: They'll probably had the closest printer...

What matter to me and why presentations: I'll own up to it! I'm one of the many who religiously read self-help and inspirational books. The chance to hear personal accounts, from my own professors, will hold more meaning than books will.

Frosh Council: While I haven't been elected yet, you can bet that I'll find away to influence the campus. Whether that's tying myself to a tree or simply planning the Freshman Formal.

The offer still stands! Let me know if you want to come along!
Adora

quanny 9 / 36  
It is good, but i have read the similar idea somewhere else, like where roomie can find me...so it is a bit cliche to me. And instead of listing so many places, you might want to focus on one or two and elaborate why, what, how to relate to yourself more.
Kristoria 3 / 51  
I agree with the above. But I still found that through all the egs you gave I got that you are an outgoing person so I think you managed to answer the question correctly.

Could you also take a look at my Stanford essays?

Home / Undergraduate / '...quiet types who loves to read Tolstoy for fun' STANFORD SUPPLEMENT: Letter to Roommate
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: