"a reanimated (and sentient) Lucy" - NYU Mini-essay 3

Rouge 2 / 4  
The Question:
If you had the opportunity to bring any person -- past or present, fictional or nonfictional -- to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favorite location, etc), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person.

My Answer:

I'd like to bring a reanimated (and sentient) Lucy, the A. afarensis, to the top of Makindye Hill, Uganda. From my grandmother's house there, you can see the whole city of Kampala stretched out beneath you. I would take Lucy up there and show her how the world has changed. About the great, wonderful and terrible things we've done. That we've lasted, and that we're still going strong, and that there's so much more out there for us to find and to do. Then we'd share a pizza and call it a day.

Any advice? Corrections? Was my word play off?
Thanks,
Rouge

PS: It's only 2 under the character limit (which I was rather proud of), but I can't really fit much more in... If corrections, include what can be deleted? Much obliged. :)
I have an idea to make this sentence more powerful: We've lasted, we're still going strong, and that there's so much more out there for us to find and to do. (The way you had originally written int, it was an incomplete sentence.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "a reanimated (and sentient) Lucy" - NYU Mini-essay 3