Reason for choosing your program and Waterloo- AIF form Math (Financial Analysis/Risk Management)

ASG 1 / -  
Question 1:

REASONS FOR CHOOSING YOUR PROGRAM AND WATERLOO

(*REQUIRED)
Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program.
(900 character limit)

Researching & learning about the Indian Stock Market, Hedge funds, IPOs, Stocks & Companies has always been my deep-rooted passion. Calculus and Algebra were two parts of mathematics that strangely clicked for me. It was incredible how derivation and integration transpired, I was drawn to the subject. And combined with my love for investment banking, I knew learning financial analysis with mathematics would strengthen my interests. And So, I plan to use my bachelor as a stepping stone to becoming a CFA. The amalgamation of Math, Economics and Statistics is the field where I see my future.

What piqued my specific interest in Waterloo's FARM degree was the well-reputed Math faculty it housed and the Co-op programme provided. The combination of theoretical and practical learning compelled me in wanting to learn in Waterloo.

I am positive that Waterloo will provide me with the base I need for my desired specialisation.

I'd love some advice on corrections! I'm really desperate( 人・ω・)
The interest in Waterloo is uninformative. The coop program is the default and most common reason used by all applicants. You want your essay to standout so expand the FARM option instead. Focus on FARM and how you see yourself benefitting from the combined theoretical and practical teaching method. Reduce the first paragraph discussion the introduction takes too long to get to the point. When writing character limited response, focus on content rather than introduction. Sentence 2 in particular just takes up character count but is not really helpful in the discussion. Skip the last sentence as well. This is a statement response rather than an essay so a focused response, sans the intro and conclusion, are needed to complete your answer.
vanehers 1 / 2  
In my opinion you should start the essay by briefly mentioning the reasons why you are interested on FARM and then you can explain each one per paragraph.

Home / Undergraduate / Reason for choosing your program and Waterloo- AIF form Math (Financial Analysis/Risk Management)