Academic and Practial World - University of Waterloo. AIF. Reason for choosing to study CE program

Nine_99 1 / -  

Reason for choosing your program and Waterloo

-Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program, please discuss your interest in each program(900 character limit)

->Computer Science and Computer Engineering require a strong understanding of fundamental concepts of pure and logical Mathematics and being an enthusiast of the subject, I believe CS or CE is the route that aligns my career goals and passion perfectly.

UWaterloo has a reputation of creating world-class entrepreneurs which made it stand out amidst the other reputed universities. Having a dream to start-up my own company, these idols inspire me a lot.

The co-op program in Waterloo will be a perfect fit for me as it will help me apply my academic education in the practical world. So, by the time of graduation, I'll have about 2 years of quality work experience, which as I see it, is a necessity to excel anywhere on a professional scale these days. Also, being an international student, the extra income I get from my co-op work will certainly relieve me of some financial stress.

Any feedback will be appreciated!
RIA123 1 / 3  
I think you can give specific example of the entrepreneurs created by the university and specify their great works and how they inspire you to do something you want to do.

I think you can also write something more about the practical application of education and exposure you will be getting due to this opportunity.
Nathan, spell out your academic goals. Your being interested in the CS and CE program in relation to your enthusiasm for Math and logic do not create an academic goal for your learning. This does not indicate a need or reason for your academic desire to attend Waterloo. Academic considerations would profile specific training programs or subjects that caught your interest when reviewing potential universities to apply to. An explanation of how these classes will create a better professional by the time you complete the course requirements will better develop the academic reasoning than the generalized reference to the co-op program in your essay. Try to do a bit more research into the university offerings for your chosen major(s). That way you will give the response a sense that Waterloo is your first choice university based on academic / educational goals. These will also create your list of reasons to apply for admission to the university.
Jean145 3 / 5  
You could write more about what your intended program in Waterloo offers in particular that makes it different from other institutions, so something more specific to your program in addition to the co-op. You could elaborate more on what you aim to achieve academically as well when you join that program rather than simply stating CS or CE.

Hope that helps.

Home / Undergraduate / Academic and Practial World - University of Waterloo. AIF. Reason for choosing to study CE program