"What will I do for the rest of my life?" ; future plan

Angkor wat 1 / 3  
My Future plan

"What will I do for the rest of my life?". Everyone always ask this question at some stage of their life. As a senior in high school, I also ask myself this question too after I graduated from high school. After spending long time with a real destination, I have come up with three plans for my future such as becoming a doctor, getting scholarship to study aboard and helping orphans in my country."A goal without a plan is just a wish." I think planning is like drawing a map that guides us to the destination we seek. Once we have a map, it will be easier and more efficient to find the way we should take. Also, the map would teach the risk of getting lost in our long journey of life. I realise that some of these plans and goals may change, but with a plan, the start of the journey can begin.

Becoming a doctor is only my first plan in my future . This idea first came into my mind when I was ten years old. At that time, one thing happened, and it was an unforgettable event for me. My grand mother, who lived with my family, died after she got a heart attack. After suffering from that situation, it makes me feel regretful why there aren't anybody can cure her. If only I had known how to cure her; therefore, my grandmother wouldn't die. Since that day on, I always have a dream of becoming a doctor to help people and my family. In order to study Doctor, the most important subjects that required me to study are chemistry, biology and mathematic. After graduating high school, I will take an entrance exam to study in the university of science and helath which is called red school. Many students want to study in this school so it was utterly competed to study there. To prepare for this journey, I have to be good at with those three subjects. What is more, I have to study French because many documents related to French.

The educational system in Cambodia is limited comparing to many developed countries such as Japan, French and so on. Thus, my second plan come up. Getting a scholarship to study abroad isn't easy especially on a doctor skill. Once we get it, we will proud of it. As a regard, I used to take a high school scholarship contest which is called " The United World College scholarship for high school student". With this scholarship, it makes me very hopeless to take other scholarship. First, I hope I will get this scholarship because I passed the first and the second round of the scholarship contest. However, in the final round, I failed because of lacking preparation during the interview test. I came back home with no feeling like my feeling is run out from my body, and I went to my bedroom crying for the hole day and asked myself"why it become like this?." I did think about my mistake then I promised I wouldn't make it happen for the second time. It is my first experience in my life so I will study hard to get other scholarships during my university life in order to make my family proud of me.

In spite of those two plans, the last plan for my future is helping orphans who live in Cambodia. While thinking about what to do after graduation, I decided to spend my weekends on voluntary social work because doing a volunteer work is also a part of getting priority to get a scholarship. I started my volunteer work at Youth Master Advanced Organisation. I played and talked with the orphans, distributed lunch to them. One thing I noticed about them is they need us to pay attention to them. If they hadn't been gotten any attention from us , now perhaps they would be wandering along the streets in the dangerous world outside or they might have been pick-pockets, robbers, or drug addicts. With this in mind, those idea of helping orphans in Cambodia become one of my future goal to help my country starting from the child leading to adult with well-educated to the next generation in order to develop our countries.

In conclusion, those three plans are very important to me in my future and also connected from one to another in order to become a useful person in a society. I have a strong declaration that even if I get some problems during my pathway to achieve those plans, I must try all my best to complete those plans. I believe that only the preparation can get the right chance and relates it to success. Successful is coming by your own whether you can catch it or not and without any trying, you can't get whatever you want.
samanthaahey 1 / 1  
as an indonesian citizen who doesn't really speak advance english, your essay is pretty good! Although you must re-check for spelling errors, like 'mathematic', when it's supposed to be 'maths' or 'mathematics'. Besides that, try using other transition word other than 'in conclusion' in last paragraph. 'In conclusion' is too common and mainstream! Lastly, re-check your usage in periods and comas. Good luck!

p.s. please check my essay please, i really need feedbacks!
OP Angkor wat 1 / 3  
Thank you for your replying. I will check it
"What will I do for the rest of my life?".

What will I do in future?

Everyone always ask this question at some stage of their life.

Everybody asks themselves this question at some stage of their life.

As a senior in high school, I also ask myself this question too after I graduated from high school.

I began to ask this question from me as I graduated from high school.

After spending long time with a real destination, I have come up with three plans for my future such as becoming a doctor, getting scholarship to study aboard and helping orphans in my country.

After many days and hours of serious thoughts and contemplation, I came up with three plans for my future; I want to win a scholarship to study abroad to become a doctor and then help orphans in my country.
OP Angkor wat 1 / 3  
Thank you so much for your correcting.

Home / Undergraduate / "What will I do for the rest of my life?" ; future plan