Rutgers-Diversity, Culture, Talents and Skills- Guyanese & Haitian, HOSA member....

ayannagrad2012 1 / 1  
I am stuck on stupid with this essay. I cannot figure out what to say but here is what I got an F on in school. I know it is very unorganized and repetitious. That is why I simply ended it.

There are so many different types of people in this world. Getting to know the diverse cultures and races is very important. Rutgers is like a snapshot of the world. At Rutgers, there are so many different cultures and races to learn from. Each individual has distinct features that set them apart from others. Each and every person has something special to add the "melting pot". The way people show their worth comes in all contrastive kinds of forms.

What I bring to the table is shown through my grades and the extracurricular activities I perform.
I would add even more diversity and culture to the Rutgers community because I am of Haitian and Guyanese descent. Being that both of my parents are immigrants, since I was born, I have been immersed in the many different foreign foods and clothing. From the curry to the carnivals, I have been able to experience my heritage through my parents. I also have my own strengths- such as math, calculations, public speaking, and much more. I would be able to help students who do not excel in these areas.

Benefits of being in such a vibrant community come along as- learning about different culture, meeting new people and a more interesting learning environment. I would enjoy the liveliness of the Rutgers community and make the best of my college experience. Of course there are many more amazing benefits than just the few I have listed. Since each one of our own strengths and weaknesses contrasts another person, it would be beneficial so we can all help each other improve on what we cannot do. There is a saying "help others and they will help you", since the Rutgers community is so close and diverse, if you are good in math and not good in chemistry, you can find someone with versa qualities and help each other.

With the many cultures, I look forward to meeting new and fun people at social gatherings from such a vibrant and diverse community. While my contributions to the Rutgers community might not be as noticeable, I would make a difference. I started my own volunteer club a year ago. I would wish to involve my club in certain Rutgers activities and create some of my own to make a big change in the surrounding communities. I also started a weight loss club this year to help my friends and I maintain a good health. If there is a program like such at Rutgers, I would definitely benefit from being there. I could bring my own "flavor" to Rutgers.
There are so many different types of people in this world, and getting to know the diverse cultures and races is very important.

Each and every person has something special to add to the "melting pot".

The way people show their worth comes in all contrastive kinds of forms.

Some b enefits of being in such a vibrant community are learning about different cultures , meeting new people and a more interesting learning environment.

Since each one of our own strengths and weaknesses contrasts another person, it would beis beneficial, so we can all help each other improve on what we cannot do.

I would wish to involve my club in certain Rutgers activities and create some of my own to make a big change in the surrounding communities.

I also started a weight loss club this year to help my friends and I maintain a good health.

If there is a program like such at Rutgers, I would definitely benefit from being there. ---This sentence needs to be revised for clarity, but even with these small changes, I think an 'F' was pretty harsh!

Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / Rutgers-Diversity, Culture, Talents and Skills- Guyanese & Haitian, HOSA member....