Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

surgical robot on campus - my Hopkins supplement

garmin610 4 / 8 2  
The prompt: Why Hopkins?
Please be very harsh. I would you say it than the adcoms. Thank you.

I can hear the screams of the spoiled child. The candy bar is just out of reach, but she is inexorable, convinced that consumption of that chocolate will be a pivotal, life-changing moment. The molten candy flashes before the girl's eyes with uncanny appeal, but to her health conscious parents, it has no benefit.

Of the many things in life that beckon me with their enchanting appeal, there are few more tantalizing than Johns Hopkins. My Jewish, orthodox school believes that I will be left with stomach pains and nausea, the result of immersing myself in an environment dangerous for my spiritual well being. Yet I tenaciously hold on to that radiant image of a Johns Hopkins education; I can think of nothing but how those four years will grant nourishment for my starved intellect and suppressed academic passions.

My pulse quickens as I walk into a hospital or lab; the adrenaline makes my heart beat faster and I can taste the air of exploration, medicine and science as I delve into a world with secrets and formulas that are constantly evading me. I want to discover dark matter. I want to reveal a new element on the periodic table. I want to comprehend how the human body exists, what I am composed of, what parts of my brain refuse to believe my principal who tells me I cannot go to a secular college.

My malnourished mind yearns for Johns Hopkins, where I will have the freedom to pursue the infinite possibilities offered. I cannot take choice for granted. Coming from such an insular environment, I appreciate the encouragement of the Johns Hopkins professors and advisors to explore your academic interests without impediment, act how wish without fear of being judged and learn who you are and what you can become. The sheer magnitude of the library opens up inexhaustible opportunities for the personal growth and education that is fundamental to the creation of an accomplished human being.

The moment I laid eyes on the surgical robot on campus, there was instant chemistry between us; to say it was love at first sight is an understatement. The prospect of joining a Design Team as a Biomedical Engineering major, of bringing the nonexistent into existence, is an explosively thrilling prospect. At Johns Hopkins, I will not only be taught the tools to learn a trade, I will be guided to build life and vitality, whether I am welding intricate pieces of microscopic metal or I am genetically engineering glowing fish.

In becoming a Johns Hopkins student, I will be able to have that candy bar at last. Naturally, of course, only after having conducted copious research on campus regarding its healthful attributes. In any case, I can say with certainty that I'm ready and eager for the choice of what I consume to finally be mine.

Home / Undergraduate / surgical robot on campus - my Hopkins supplement