How do you think Fitchburg Sate will help you succeed? (computer studies)

masterj1200 1 / 1  
Topic: What skills and experience do you have that will help you reach your goal? How do you think FSC will help you aswell as describing your goal.

Essay:
I was about 13 when I received my first computer. There was nothing in the world that could distract me from using it. I learned the basics of a computer in about a week. It's funny too; I was the only one in my household who knew how to operate a computer. Entering the 6th grade, our first assignment was to save a document and sent an email with an attachment. I must have been the only student in my class who knew how to do it firsthand. My teacher was surprised I was able to do that and took interest in me. With that achievement, I realized I wanted a career to do with computers. From building computers to being a computer technician, I wanted to do it all. I can only overcome that goal with a college degree. That's where Fitchburg State comes in.

From middle school, to my senior year in high school, my average grade in any computer class has to be approximately a B+. I know the basics of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Inspiration, and Publisher. I love computers so much; I saved up money for about 5 months and bought my own laptop. It wasn't easy doing it, I was eager to buy other items. In the 8th grade, I learned about the storage and memory of a computer. Entering my senior year, I made sure I could take as much computer classes as I can. In Office Tech, all the other students come to me for help. In Intro to Business, PowerPoint was on the most focused programs. Doing projects was a breeze because I already knew how to manipulate PowerPoint. The PowerPoint projects are what probably gave me a B in that class.

When I heard of Fitchburg State I knew that was the school for me. During my senior year, I tried to keep my grades up to enroll in FSC. I learn better in a small environment, and the 16:1 ratio class room size at Fitchburg State is a great fit for me. I also love the Internship program. It seems to me FSC really wants their students to be successful. Having a degree from FSC will help me accomplish my goal along with hard work and dedication.
I can only overcome achieve that goal with a college degree. That's where Fitchburg State comes in.

Sounds like you are on the right track. I wonder if you have looked into UMass Amherst, though... tuition must be comparable, and it is SO big and full of activity! Just a thought...

From middle school (no comma necessary here) to my senior year in high school, my average grade in any computer class has been approximately a B+. I know the basics of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Inspiration, and Publisher. I love computers so much; I saved up money for about 5 months and bought my own laptop. It wasn't easy doing it, I was eager to buy other items. ---- uh-oh, it looks like you are starting to write a lot of unrelated sentences in a single paragraph.

Remember, one paragraph = one main idea
The idea should be expressed in the topic sentence and elaborated in the rest of the paragraph.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / How do you think Fitchburg Sate will help you succeed? (computer studies)