"when I think of the Low Memorial Library.." - columbia supplement

ilovemath 3 / 2  
When I caught a glimpse of the Low Memorial Library for the first time, my eyes set on the beautiful architecture of the building, its inspiring marble white, and its aura of revolutionary thinking. Appeal begins at the surface, and for me, I found Columbia appealing to that very sense. However, since understanding more about Columbia, I've discovered more to the emblem of white- I've learned to love Columbia's passion towards understanding human nature. From my experiences thus far, I've found that understanding human nature is vital in every subject, especially in the English language. Struggling from a young age to grasp the meaning of words, spending hours deciphering vocabulary words, and over-interpreting texts, I've learned that "it all comes down to life and love." Grasping this concept and finally being able to view English more than just words, I know that Columbia is where I can take my learning to a whole new level. I find Columbia appealing because it holds all its studies: literature, politics, and the arts as things only human. While universities across the U.S. strive to advance in these very subjects by examining the world, listening for current events, and scrutinizing miscellaneous numbers, students from Columbia stride further by just scrutinizing themselves. So now, when I think of the Low Memorial Library, I find it appealing because it reveals more about-me.

Prompt: please tell us what you find appealing about Columbia and why:
limit: 1500 characters

Hi, any feedback and criticism is much appreciated! Thanks!
This is great... it drew my attention with that first line. Some might not agree, but I found something entrancing about that first line.

If there is a place to change, it is here:
Appeal begins at the surface, and for me, I found Columbia appealing to that very sense. I hope you KEEP the beginning of the sentence as it is, but the end of the sentence has to indicate some specific thing that is NOT on the surface. Give the reader's mind a magic WORD to swallow at the end of this sentence. A word pertaining to that deeper appeal.

:-)

That is my only idea, and it is not a necessary idea, either! The essay is great.

Home / Undergraduate / "when I think of the Low Memorial Library.." - columbia supplement