Why Tufts? "Because it's there."

John20160o0o0 1 / -  
I'm not telling where the quote is used immediately, because I want to see if the essay is obvious enough to understand. If not, I can tell I didn't explain the meaning well enough. I just don't know if that sort of topic works for this essay. What do you think?

Essay topic: Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? In short: "Why Tufts?" (50-100 words)

My entire life, I have always sought out challenges. Tufts seems like the perfect academic challenge where, through its superior educational opportunities, I could reach the zenith of academic success. However, because no challenge can be conquered alone, I would use Tufts' perfect mixture of arts, Boston's ethnic diversity, and athletics to better understand myself and get in touch with Tufts' harmonious world. This would help me on my climb to a degree in one of the world' most prestigious universities. So, why Tufts? Just as George Mallory said, "Because it's there."
kylebelieves 1 / 4  
one thing that caught my eye:

Tufts' perfect mixture of arts and athletics, as well as Boston's ethnic diversity

good luck! i applied to tufts yesterday! :)
priscillaaa 1 / 29  
I couldcan reach the zenith

and kylebelieves' comment is true; those corrections will make the sentence flow better (:
Way to keep everything concise and easy to understand!

I would appreciate it if you could critique my essay as well...thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / Why Tufts? "Because it's there."