'Why not Tufts' + ' My mother' - Tufts Short Questions

super57 6 / 23  
This is my first thread. I had been reading some essays around the essay forum and quite enjoyed them. They helped me alot. Please read my following answers and comment. Would really appreciate some help thank you.

1. Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? In short: "Why Tufts?" (50-100 words)

When I first gazed upon the question why tufts, I wondered why "not" tufts? The friendly community, a beautiful campus and a class where you could imagine every possible wicked talent to be found! Just a thought of it runs ice down my spine. A place where I could stand without a fear and say I am a mad artist who can tell what others think through their art. Where my wicked talent is flourished rather than discouraged. Where my weird intuition fit in like a perfect piece of jigsaw puzzle. In short, Tufts.

2. There is a Quaker saying: ''Let your life speak.'' Describe the environment in which you were raised--your family, home, neighborhood, or community--and how it influenced the person you are today. (200-250 words)

My mother had never let me drink milk directly from the jug. "Use the glass, don't be an animal!" That's what she said whenever she saw me plugging in that milk like a hungry mammoth. She never understood the pleasure, I gained, of gobbling milk down the throat through jug. When I was five, my mother caught me licking sand from floor. She never understood that twinkling feeling in neck I got while swallowing sand down the throat (perhaps if she tried it she'd know). When I was six, my father warned me to no to try "acrobats" near the stairs. The very next day, I jumped off the balcony and broke two baby teeth. Was I untamable? I don't suppose so. The environment was just too sober for me. I was definitely not a "wanna be boy" though my nature always depicted towards the things I was warned not to mingle with. Whenever I heard the words "don't do it!" , a sudden stimuli would rush through my whole body urging me to at least try it once. For me, I don't believe in myths, I believe in experiences. My mother tried to develop that lady like behavior in my nature so I could fit in the environment around myself. I wouldn't dare say she failed. Though I had never let this feminity become my weakness. My surroundings urged me to be different. Perhaps that's the reason that I am the first one in my family to ever think of applying in one of the top universities of world.
ajliu84 3 / 6  
I agree with the person above me. I think your ideas are really well chosen and could be very successful =]

Some advice though, I was saying this on another person's Tufts essay but Tufts really should be capitalized. It's a name, a proper noun, and I think that should really be important.

Perhaps that's the reason that I am the first one in my family to ever think of applying in one of the top universities of world.

I love how kiss-ass this quote is xD I'm not sure what the admissions officer might think though. Haha

In short, Tufts.

I think this could be done better as well. In short, Tufts is...? I don't know. It just seems very abrupt an ending. Though I do understand what with the word count and all.

Good luck! And read mind when you get the chance ;D
OP super57 6 / 23  
I corrected the last sentence afterwards writing "A place where my wicked talent is rather than discouraged my weird intuition fit in like a perfect piece of jigsaw puzzle. In short, a place like Tufts."

Thanks for the comments :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Why not Tufts' + ' My mother' - Tufts Short Questions