Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 2

UBC Personal Profile - Various perspectives

mdamissu 1 / -  
Tell us about who you are. How would your family, friends, and/or members of your community describe you? If possible, please include something about yourself that you are most proud of and why. (200 words)

To my parents, I am a child with passion and purpose. They have always noticed my deep curiosity about numbers, encouraging me to discover mathematics independently. Their support has led to significant achievements, such as notable prizes in competitions like the CSMC and Euclid. Additionally, I have applied mathematical thinking practically by programming circuits in our house to be controlled by computer software.

My friends see me as an emotionally intelligent person. When I led a Public Relations team, my team members were new and varied in location and expertise, leading to inefficiency in the work. Therefore, I organized online meetings to understand their personalities and provided individual training and support. By creating opportunities for feedback and idea sharing, we bonded well and had a productive season, achieving a 2,000-follower page and organizing a 200-participant event.

I am most proud of my vision for the future. With my intellectual and emotional intelligence, I will pursue various goals in my future academic life, discovering more about myself and the world. I believe the Computer Science program in UBC will provide the perfect environment for my dream of applying technology to solve real-world problems, combining my mathematical and programming skills to make a positive impact.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
Avoid the reference point "I" in the descriptions from your parents and friends. You need to make sure that it is clear to the reviewer that these are not your personal points of view that are being masked by a slight reference to friends and family. It must truly sound like they are the ones speaking in the statement up until you get to the part when you can discuss what you are proud of any why. That is the only part where you can use the pronoun "I" all you want.

You cannot reference an event that you hope to achieve in the future. Think of your previous accomplishments and pick one from there. That way the response aligns with the current accomplishments that the reviewer wishes to learn about. He wants to know what you are proud of in the present and if it will be something that the university would agree with in line with your chosen major and the student community.

Home / Undergraduate / UBC Personal Profile - Various perspectives
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: