UCF - 'Accepting the challenge' - bump in the road, explain circumstances

dlb1670 3 / -  
Little did I know that a "For Sale" sign would test my strength and perseverance.
Fettered by youth, doubt and distance it came time to face separation that comes with any long distance relationship.
The news stung me like a fire ant, unanticipated and painful. My boyfriend was moving. Immediately comments like "you are too young to take on this responsibility" and "long distance relationships never work" consumed my thoughts. However, I knew this was my time to prove to myself and everyone else that I could indeed overcome this obstacle. I gathered the necessary ingredients to maintain a functional loving relationship. I fought this struggle with the glowing beams of optimism while telling myself that things would only get easier. Fortunately, they did. My organizational skills peaked when I arranged monthly visits, and I creatively found time to see him every night with the assistance of a webcam. Despite the four hundred miles separating us, I made time for him every day. Additionally, my parent's support brought out my inner strength and encouraged me to persevere. The anxiety of betrayal or falling out of love never fazed me. I have never once doubted my ability of upholding my responsibility and my commitment to the relationship.

Many college freshmen fear the distance and separation from their loved ones. I however accept the challenge. I have learned through this experience that disconnection makes you stronger.

Is this approach ok? Anything I can do to improve? Any suggestions welcome :)
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good job. This is an unusual subject to answer this question with, which makes it stand out; this is a good thing :)
You could add a little bit to the essay by talking a bit about how well things have worked out, and maybe if you are happy with your decision or not.

A few grammatical corrections, but overall you've got a good draft here.

Home / Undergraduate / UCF - 'Accepting the challenge' - bump in the road, explain circumstances