Understanding and introspection - UBC personal profile

elonmuskrat 1 / -  

UBC PERSONAL PROFILE

The two values that I try to uphold everyday are understanding and introspection. When I immigrated to Canada as a kid, I tended to stay quiet and observe how people acted. The main reason for this was because English was my second language. When I had trouble interpreting English, I turned to non-verbal cues as a way to understand people, such as their tone, body language, and etc. As I've matured and started working, this skill has come in handy with day to day interactions. Whoever I meet I try to be as understanding as possible and make the effort to learn their boundaries. I try to learn what my coworkers' working styles are and adjust as such. Making these small efforts not only makes the interactions I have with people easier, but it also makes for faster conflict resolutions. As I've gotten older, I've turned this skill of understanding others onto myself. Personal introspection is the best way to identify personal problems, weaknesses, and strengths. During the time I got an academic probation, I took some time and self reflected on what I needed to do to succeed. So, I developed a plan to help me succeed. Whenever I feel stuck, I always refer back to my introspections to see the bigger picture. I look back at my mistakes and try to avoid them. Understanding how others become successful and understanding how I can succeed helped me during my personal development and ultimately helped me accomplish my proudest achievement of finishing my diploma.
I cannot review this essay properly because you uploaded the wrong content in your post. The title refers to the UBC "Tell us who you are..." but you are discussing "beliefs and values" in this essay. Since this is still a valid essay for your application, I will review the essay based on the "values and beliefs" topic. You can upload the "Who you are" essay with a more creative title so that it will not be deleted by the mods for being a new essay on the same topic.

You have to decide which of the 2 discussion topics you uploaded will be discussed as a belief and which will be a value that you adhere to. These have to be discussed in 2 saeperate paragraphs covering 2 different types of character focus on your part. Now, I have to be honest with you and say that the choices for the response you have made are not really recognized as normal beliefs and values but, I understand that you are trying to think out of the box here by providing more creative responses. That is why you need to find a way to convice the reviewer that understanding and introspection can be viewed as a belief (understanding) and value (introspection). Otherwise, the reviewer is not going to be convinced of your unique presentation. Seperate that discussions so you can develop it within the vein of the discussion requirements.
summerarcadia 2 / 5  
Hey! Remember to write down the prompt! Also, you talked about academic probation but I feel like that sounds way too negative. Instead, you can phrase it as I was going through changes and it reflected upon my academics. However, I did....which led to.... Also make sure you use different sentence structures as it is quite bland right now!
Hoonyaru 1 / 3  
@elonmuskrat
In order to improve ur personal profile, i think you can mention your personalities and achievement or sth important that you rly want to bring up. You need to show that you are someone who worths their offer!! hope this helps

Home / Undergraduate / Understanding and introspection - UBC personal profile