Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"unique or incomplete style" - Short Answer qn (elaborate an EC)

lijiayuan0506 1 / -  
I have been considered myself a vocalist, ever since my debut at six singing the theme song of Titanic, in a language nobody knows. I aced many singing competitions, be it in English or Chinese, intramural, inter-school or even national. But I always prefer to sing in an uncompetitive environment, believing that there is no winner in singing. I spent more time singing my heart out to my parents, friends and strangers, at parties, during the Koinonia, in a bar or on the street.

My style is unique or incomplete: the tune always comes naturally to me, but never the lyrics. Lyrics, I think, are minor or even redundant sometimes; the melody always eclipses lyrics, body movements or even where to have the vibrato, where to exhale. I sing like I feel, to those who will tolerate my improvised lyrics and can really appreciate the emotions behind rather than the language I sing in.

I sing partly for myself, partly to influence and hopefully heal others. Old residents near my school thanked me for the "outdated" Chinese songs of 1960s I performed; my teacher loved the hill songs I led in the chapel; my Muslim sonny in Malaysia asked me to be his music teacher; and my hospitalized grandfather, before he passed away, asked for my company every day, and all the songs he had taught me.

All my vocal trainings and offstage practices are worthwhile if my singing had affected any of my audiences in a positive and comforting light.

The word limit is actually 150... So I exceeded the limit by 100 or so. Any suggestions to cut it shorter? Thx so much!!

Home / Undergraduate / "unique or incomplete style" - Short Answer qn (elaborate an EC)