Essay/Letter on - " We are the Universe - Evolve or Perish "

jamesbond 1 / 1  
I am in 10th standard. My homework is to write an letter to my friend describing the importance of my school's almanac/diary. The school diary states :

"We are the Universe "
Evolve or Perish

Please Help me out. I have to submit it on monday.

This is my first post here. The word limit is 80-120 words.

Thanks a ton.
Hi James Bond, I like your username.

What do you want us to help with, exactly? You should write the essay and then have us help you improve it.

Is it suppose to be about the importance of the almanac or about this notion "evolve or perish."

Evolve or Perish seems like a silly idea. Evolution involves the perishing of many individuals. Evolving and perishing are intertwined.

Maybe it should say "Adapt or Perish"

Please tell us more about the assignment, and try to write a little.

:-)
OP jamesbond 1 / 1  
Thanks for your reply.

I know this is a wierd topic, and I am also not able to write a line on it thats the reason I tried here.

Well my school almanac says
We are the universe -- Evolve or Perish

Our hoemwork is Write a letter to your friend about the relevance of the school diary/almanacs cover

And as you say Adapt or Perish - I cant change the heading of my schools diary/almanac.

So please reply asap
Write a letter to your friend about the relevance of the school diary/almanacs cover

Relevance to what?

I cant change the heading of my schools diary/almanac.

hahah, I know! You'll have to adapt to it.

Well, it sounds like the assignment is to practice informal writing about the concept behind it.

Do they give an explanation of the thing? If so, look for the unique words they use in their explanation, and use some of those words in the letter.

You need to think of a reason for writing to your friend; that is why you are stuck. Your friend wants to make a lot of money this year, because his parents are struggling and he wants to help... but he can't seem to get a high paying job because he is only 18 years old. You want him to start his own business -- painting, landscaping, cleaning, or doing some other thing he can do well. He has to adapt to his situation by being self-employed.

That requires a PROACTIVE state of mind.

Can you encourage him by explaining the wisdom behind the slogan? "Adapt or Perish"...
dhruv20_06_95 - / 1  
hey "jamesbond" which skool r u from cause our teacher has given the same essay and i culdnt find a way to write it
Vakax 2 / 50  
Yeah writing to friend about evolving or perishing is kinda morbid..The job scenario suggested by Kevin is fine, i think.

But if this was not a letter and just an essay it would have been more interesting.

"Evolve or perish" interesting play of words here. It IS basically "Survival of the fittest" in todays world. If you cant evolve to meet with the fast paced society, you die (figuratively)!

An example: Imagine someone who doesnt know how to operate a computer, mobile phone, an Atm? LIFE is getting easy but accessing that "EASY" requires people to continuously evolve AND adapt.

I actually think this topic is relevant to recent times.

Hoping that you finished your assignment on time.

Home / Undergraduate / Essay/Letter on - " We are the Universe - Evolve or Perish "