University of Virginia Supplement Essay on Quirks: motionless moment

blackstar7 1 / -  
Hey guys! I really appreciated any comments on the contents or the structure or how to make this essay better. Anything you want to say on this essay is welcomed. Thank You :)

Prompt: We are a community with quirks, both in language and in traditions. Describe one of your quirks and why it is part of who you are.

It might be creepy to see me stand or sit still with eyes straight and empty, no movement or facial expression, like a dead person. Don't panic. I'm fine. Friends know me well are used to see me like that. I just enjoy and need that two minutes moment of stillness to adjust myself.

I use this moment of static to get planned. Every morning, before I get up, I list all the things I will do for the day in my mind, from making an omelette to the homework I need to complete. I arrange things in time order and matter of importance so that after I get up, I can finish them one by one down the list without forgetting any. During the day, when assigned to new tasks, I need to rearrange my list and that's when one might see me like a "standing dead". The two-minute planning before everything starts keeps my life organized and efficient.

I also use this moment to calm myself down. I'm short-tempered, inheriting from my family gene. After realizing that my frequently restless emotional states could greatly influence my behavior, I seek a way to control my temper. When I found myself being restless and hard to focus on things I'm doing, I would sit still for two minutes, take deep breathes, refresh my mind. After a moment of motionless, I get calm down and no more fidget. The two-minute emotional adjustment stops my rash temper from affecting my daily life.
ECalv001 1 / 3  
N o movement or facial expression, as a dead person.

I use this moment of static to get planned. Every morning, before I get up, I list all ...

During the day , when assigned to new tasks...
Blackstar, I'd like to share my thoughts on your essay.

- Friends who kne w me well
- static to get plannedfocused .
- I arrange things in time order and matter of importance
- so that afteras soon as I get up,
- see me like a "standing like dead".
- The two-minute planning before everything starts, ( don't forget your punctuation marks ) keeps

- I also use this moment to calm myself down.
- After realizing that my frequently restless emotional states
- I get to calm down and no more fidgetnot trembling anymore .
- The two-minute emotional adjustment stops my rash temper from affecting my daily life.

There you have it Blackstar, I hope my remarks helped.

Home / Undergraduate / University of Virginia Supplement Essay on Quirks: motionless moment