Home / Undergraduate   % width   NEW!

USC Short question - swimming activity

FYI 3 / 22  
Tell us about an activity that is important to you, and why.

To begin with, all students face a significant amount of stress due to various factors. Many aspects of life, as well as the stress that comes with it, can all impact the physical and emotional health of an individual. Therefore, everyone should have some ways to reduce stress and maintain good health and keep there sanity. For instance, swimming is a great aerobic exercise that is very useful in combating stress. Stress relief with swimming is a really wonderful way of relieving stress. It can be very relaxing when done at a slow pace, gliding through the water, and it can be a physical work-out when going full speed practicing the front crawl. As an illustration, the focus I put into swimming helps me unwind during a long day or after a final exam. Moreover, while swimming, I focus attention on my body and physical self which allows a break from my mind. This 'break' allows my mind to rest and to gain perspective. Sometimes the best way of solving a problem is to not think about it! Have you ever found it impossible to think of a word and no matter how hard you try you can't remember it? Ten minutes later when you're washing the car 'Bang' the word comes to you! Relieving stress with swimming has the same effect. By focusing on something other than our minds we allow clear thinking to arrive. The stressful situation becomes much more manageable once we have had a break. Furthermore, swimming also requires a lot of coordination and effort to stop ourselves from sinking. This effort and concentration means that you can't (even if you wanted to) think of anything else.

Home / Undergraduate / USC Short question - swimming activity
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: