Waterloo AIF (Admissions Information Form) Response

shusaku 1 / -  
What sorts of things would you like to do or accomplish in Waterloo Engineering and why? (900 character limit)

I aim to secure Product Manager co-op placements, a goal driven by my experience leading 150 volunteers to run the 2023 Toronto Chinatown Festival-attended by 250,000. I communicated with stakeholders (vendors, sponsors, performers), led cross-functional teams (marketing, planning, safety), fostered team unity (via Discord game nights), and honed my decision making skills in a fast-paced environment. These experiences ignited my passion for working with others to create products that people need and enjoy.

I'm also driven to establish a startup focused on using AI to optimize business processes, leveraging Waterloo's Velocity program.
Continuing my high school passions, I will aim for leadership roles in Waterloo's Engineers Without Borders Chapter and Badminton Team.
Lastly, I will join the Industry 4.0 design team and UWaterloo IISE society to meet driven and innovative individuals.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
You have given a list far too long of the things you wish to accomplish at Waterloo. While you qualified your reasons for wishing to join these Waterloo programs, you did not explain why you want to join these programs. You do not even need all of these activities listed. Just pick the one you know you will excel at and expand on it. Try to explain how you see your participation in that program will help you solidify your theoretical knowledge through practical application, or an explanation of your own along those lines. Remember, you are also being asked why you want to join the activities, you are not being asked to qualify yourself for these.

Home / Undergraduate / Waterloo AIF (Admissions Information Form) Response