'Working with numbers and managing' - what qualities attract/your interests in UMichigan

strongbomb2 1 / -  
Please edit and any tips on making it better! Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!

Prompt: Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests?

I first heard of the University of Michigan from a friend who visited not too long ago. He told me the atmosphere was great, the students were friendly, the campus was beautiful, and how perfect Michigan was. I heard more about UM from family and other friends. I decided to look into UM and found out that people like Larry Page, Richard Costolo, and Jim Buckmaster are all successful businessmen who graduated from UM. Looking more and more into the Big Blue community, it quickly made the top of my list as the place I really wanted to spend the next years of my life at.

Working with numbers and managing are two things that I enjoy and I feel I could do at the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts. I hope to get into the Ross School of Business. Although I am not entirely sure which sector of business I would like to go into, I still believe business is the best fit for me due to what I love doing. I think that business is the most important division of the economy. Without people that are educated in business, civilization would not be where it is at today. Through my ambitious attitude I aspire to be a successful businessman in the future. Where better to start than applying at one of the top programs in the nation?

I believe that CLSA is the perfect fit for me due to the variety of options available in the school. Instead of learning about just one subject, I would be able to expand my knowledge in different areas of study. Not only does CLSA offer an exceptional education in one's major, but also an extraordinary amount of knowledge in other subjects as well. I believe that being well-rounded is one of the most important attributes to have in life and CLSA offers just that and more.

I strive to be a successful educated man coming out of college. Not only do I wish to make a difference on myself, but also the people around me. This can only be done with a great education and I believe that CLSA at Michigan is the place to accomplish my goals.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
Remember, the prompt says, "Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan." The only reason you give is that CLSA has a variety of subjects to learn, and that's not a very unique reason at all.

Also, you need to elaborate more on what your interests are. What experiences have you had that support that "working with numbers and managing are two things that I enjoy?" You write, "business is the best fit for me due to what I love doing," but what do you love doing?

Home / Undergraduate / 'Working with numbers and managing' - what qualities attract/your interests in UMichigan