Wrestling has taught me lessons ; Common App Extracurricular Short Answer

EricRodrigo13 1 / -  
Could you look over the 1000 character response elaborating on my extracurricular activity on Common App? Any help with the content/flow/grammar is much appreciated!

Wrestling has taught me lessons that I believe cannot be learned in any other type of competition. Without my participation in this sport since third grade, I would not possess the same confidence, discipline, and motivation that I do today. Battling in the heavy air of the wrestling room before the winter sun rises on countless mornings is a journey for the body and mind that too few have the pleasure of experiencing. On days where I do not have practices to bookend a long day of school, evening matches have taught me other traits. I have learned that the single, bright spotlight hanging from our dark gym ceiling allows no one to hide on the mat below. Without trust that my training and sacrifices have prepared me to perform under pressure when the match is on the line, I would surely falter each time I step on the mat to face my opponent. Through my struggles and triumphs in this sport, I have developed self-reliance and humility that will continue to benefit me on and off the mat.
angela0407 3 / 19  
I enjoy reading this Eric!
I can see your passion in this piece and you do have a pleasant style here.
My advice is that you can try to bring the reader in a little more, maybe revealing a scene.
Please see mine!

Home / Undergraduate / Wrestling has taught me lessons ; Common App Extracurricular Short Answer