I have written my language study plan for GKS, Go through it once

tanya308 1 / -  

GKS study plan

Before coming to Korea:-
As preparation for my studies in Korea, I have self-taught myself Hangul and some Basic phrases by using the Website of King Sejong Institute and Talk To Me In Korean and watching YouTube.

But In order to achieve accurate language proficiency and possess in-depth knowledge of culture and language, I decided to enroll in a Korean language course at Global Diction Studio, Gurgaon. Besides completing my Korean Language TOPIK levels 1 and 2, I gained a deeper understanding of Korean culture by taking their cultural classes.

The fact that we learn from teaching also means that our knowledge continues to grow, so I became a Korean language tutor at the Multibhashi company and am teaching the students whatever I have learned so far. As a result, my language skills have been polished and I have grown in confidence.

Learning and applying concepts in real-life scenarios are two very different concepts, so I tried reaching out to native Koreans using the Conversation Exchange website, to get some real-life experience. There, I made some Korean friends. Though I am not yet ready to converse in Korean fluently, but I am determined to learn the language and my language exchange partners are so kind and willing to assist me with grammar, vocabularies, and speech levels. I am also helping them with English.

My English has always been practiced through written and oral tests since I was in elementary school. Due to this, I consider myself a good English user even though it's my second language. I will continue to practice my English whenever I can, even if I know it is good. I am more interested in reading webtoons and novels, so I am confident it is helping me with my grammar and vocabulary and will have a benefit on my future. When it comes to speaking, I have always been interested in music, specifically singing, so whenever I sing, I make sure that I'm pronouncing the words correctly. When I don't understand a word or a metaphor, I would look it up and understand it thoroughly.

After coming to Korea:-
After arriving in Korea, I would dedicate my first year to studying the Korean language and culture. I plan to spend my winter and summer vacation of the language year to travel around Korea and learn more about the country's culture while participating in community works. Although I have started learning Hangul a few months back still I have a lot of things to learn and explore which is why I will make sure to participate in every cultural activity and event available.

I will also do one-on-one language exchange with my Korean friends that I have made and Also I will look if the university, where I will study provides, Korean Buddy program to do one on one language exchange with a Korean student. I will listen to songs and "Sebasi Talk"(related to science) which help me in learning new and useful vocabularies.

Additionally, I will also put into practice all the learning I will acquire during the year of language training. I will ensure to spend all my time in learning Korean vocabularies and Phrases as it is essential as I enter the academic year. My aim is to get the TOPIK 4 score or higher. After acquiring my TOPIK score I will begin preparing for the academic year by pre-reading the materials of the course and research articles in English as well as in Korean while I adjusting myself for a more academic professional environment.
Besides completing my Korean Language TOPIK levels

Make sure to refer the reviewers to the attached TOPIK test certifications for all levels, even if expired. It would be best though, if you can provide a current and valid TOPIK test certification. Passing the test will bring you to the front of the consideration round, resulting in an almost automatic promotion to the next round of considerations. If you can afford to pay for the test fees, then you will do your application a tremendous favor by getting Hangul certified as early as possible.

I became a Korean language tutor

Although not required, attaching a certification from the company that you are currently employed as a Korean language tutor at the company will definitely help with considering your application and also, show that you are an advanced language user of sorts, leading to a clear idea as to how your study plan has been moving along quite positively and usefully prior to your arrival in Korea.

Home / Undergraduate / I have written my language study plan for GKS, Go through it once