Zicklin School of Business - top 3 criteria when looking for business school

ammadshami 1 / -  
Hey guys,

first of all i would like to appreciate in advance all the help you guys will give. i am having a sort of writer's block as u may say. i have gotten a lot of my other essays done already but for some reason im not able to gather my thoughts properly and put them into a succinct essay of only 250 words. any help would be appreciated as this holds the answers to my future.

Regards,
Ammad

As I browse through a couple of business school application forms I am determined to find the school that is right for me. I need to embrace a business school whose locality would tremendously expose me to the largest business empire in the world. Along with major financial markets, biggest banks of the world, and corporate headquarters, New York is filled with many diverse cultural backgrounds and multi-ethnic people who are enriching the melting pot and that is reflected on the student body of Zicklin. By interacting with foreign and out-of-state students, I refine my personal and professional character which is a key element to being successful in my career.

I want to attend a reputable business school with an affordable MBA program and dynamic faculty that offers a challenging curriculum. As I have read from various sources, Zicklin exhibits all of these qualities and provides a stepping stone for me to grow into a successful business professional. By having a strong faculty with a challenging curriculum I believe it will equip me with the right mind set to tackle different problems as I face them in my professional career. Also, due to the fact that there are many business tycoons in the vicinity, Zicklin gives me the opportunity to learn from them as it is a greater possibility for them to come to campus and lecture.

Career placement is another aspect I really focus on while applying to business schools. For me it is really important because I want to exploit all the strengths available at Zicklin and utilize them in the business world.
lafortuna 1 / 5  
Your essay is good, but generic. Mostly, I got from it that you want New York, and Business. The word Zicklin could be replaced with any other school within the city that offers business courses, and it wouldn't sound out of place. Make it specific, specific to you and to Zicklin. Research their programs and tell them EXACTLY what you want from Zicklin.

Hope that made sense and wasn't too harsh :) Read mine please!

Home / Undergraduate / Zicklin School of Business - top 3 criteria when looking for business school