ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF EATING OUT

Margaret 2019 2 / 2 1  

The pros and cons of eating in restaurants

Nowadays, many people enjoy going out to eat. It is said that this way of eating has both pros and contrast. The pros is its convenience and new atmosphere, the contrast is unhealthiness and high price.

If you are not good at cooking or do not have time, eating out will be an easier choice to get a meal. Cooking includes many steps, which takes much time. When you eat outside, the restaurant would serve you within some minutes. Moreover, eating out is a good occasion to change your view. Eating places often offer great view, so you could try new sight rather than your old kitchen.

Oppositely, eating out could be risky and expensive. First, you do not know where the food comes from. It may be withered vegetables, spoiled meat tasting good thanks to the chemical seasoning. These dishes are harmful for your health and eventually cause death . Second, eating out is pricey. Since there are many people working at restaurants who need to be paid, it costs much more than buying the ingredients and making meals at home.

In short, eating out save your time and offer beautiful view, but it could be unsafe and costly. I suggest learning to cook to enjoy your meal in the best way.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
You should always ensure that you are using words in the correct manner, especially when you are using them as pairs. A good example of this would be the usage of pros and cons; both of these words are almost always seen together, especially when you are talking about comparative essays.

While your essay does have a general structure, it still does not follow through with general conventions. What I mean by this is that you had grammatical slip-ups that had a negative impact in the overall appeal of the writing.

Let's take a look at your first paragraph and deconstruct it.

I would revise this as:
There is a growing amount of people who prefer dining out. While this trend is generally accepted, it has its pros and cons. Briefly, its pros could include the fact that it provides convenience and a new atmosphere. Conversely, it does have risks including potential unhealthiness and high prices.

Notice how I had structured it as:
[general overview of the situation] -> [what is to be discussed in the essay] -> [a balanced, brief overview of what will be tackled in the next paragraphs]

Doing this formatting for your essay can enhance the introduction because it provides a structured alternative rather than juggling with thoughts and needing to be repetitive with your language.

I do appreciate what you currently have in your essay. I like how you substantiated you arguments in the succeeding paragraphs. The only thing left is to ensure that you use more formal language (ie. in your third paragraph, it should start out with conversely instead of oppositely for formality purposes) and make sure that you follow a particular flow.

Best of luck.
joanne1203 2 / 2 2  
Hi Margaret,
I found that you missed some article, including "a", "an" and "the".

offer a great view, ... try a new sight ...

harmful to your health ...

Home / Writing Feedback / ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF EATING OUT