Essay about the advantages and disadvantages of Internet for Ielts Task 2

blueskysg 2 / 3 1  
Topic:

The internet has as many disadvantages as it does advantages. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

We are now living in a modern society in which Internet is dominant and widely utilized everywhere. Even though Internet potentially exists several disadvantages that pose detrimental threats toward our society, I still believe that it will develop and proliferate rapidly in the future.

On the one hand, Internet owns potential risks and affects on users with various ages. Spending a lot of time on Internet can make children addicted by a number of video clips and video game. There are some severe incidents related to playing online games which make the victims unconscious or even died because of copying behaviors of some characters. For adults, Internet also causes many violence and sexual problems. By following social media platforms such as Facebook, and Twitter, many people are influenced by others and then they do some self-assassinate or massive shooting. Sadly, numerous of rape and sexual abuse are also related to watching porn clips on Internet.

On the other hand, it is irrefutable fact that Internet is an innovation changing our society and brings several benefits to our life. Internet forces the economy with billions dollars by proving online shopping platforms and intelligent supply chains supported by web applications. Internet opens telecommunication industry in different approaches in most of countries in the world. It makes us closer to others and removes the restriction of geographical issues by virtual platforms such as messenger, facetime that of connections seem impossible in the past. Furthermore, Internet owns an unlimited number of sharing knowledge in varying fields. Wikipedia, Google, Blogs, etc, become online libraries with plenty of documents, explanations and discussions.

In conclusion, I think that many people now cannot live without Internet. Although it exists disadvantages that negatively impacts on users, the Internet will still be dominant and develop rapidly in the future.
Aside from the discussion of the advantage and disadvantage of the internet, the main question, which you failed to respond to in the presentation is; 'To what extent do you agree or disagree?" The basis of your thesis statement response is therefore, incorrect as you did not give the correct measured response to the question. Instead, you indicated an irrelevant response regarding the internet developing and proliferating rapidly in future. Reading this incorrect response from you will make the examiner give you a failing score in the TA section due to a response error. It is unrelated to the task provided.

The discussion should have represented 2 reasons that show the extent of your dis/agreement with the given statement. Instead you offered a comparative discussion that does not relate to the measured response discussion requirement. Hence the misdirected response presentation.
OP blueskysg 2 / 3 1  
Thank you @holt. I got your idea

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about the advantages and disadvantages of Internet for Ielts Task 2