Age distribution of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for future

kxwai 1 / -  

Age structure of people in Yemen and Italy (2000 and 2050)

The pie charts compare the age group distribution between Yemen and Italy in 2000 and in 2050.

It is clear that the population in the age group of below sixty years old is the majority in both countries in year 2000. But based on the projection, the population of sixty years old and above will rise to 42.3% in Italy whereas their counterpart in Yemen is expected to stay at a similar level of 5.7% in total population.

Looking at the age group of 15-59 years old, this two countries represents very distinctive trends. In Italy, the population of 15-59 years decline to 46.2% from 61.6%, whereas their counterpart rose to 57.3% from 46.3%. In the meantime, the population of age group 0-14 years went down in 2050 projection, in Italy it slightly declines to 11.5% from 14.3% while in Yemen its counterpart drops significantly to 37.0% from 50.1%.

Apart from the changes in age groups under sixty years, the variation of population of sixty years old or more is also quite dissimilar between this two countries. In Italy, the population of sixty years old and above is estimated to raise by around 18% to 42.3%. By contrast, that of Yemen is only expected to increase by around 2% to 5.7%.

Rikodsaputra - / 1  
You wrote "but" word after drop sign. it is better to use comma before it or you could just start the sentences by directly "Based on...".
Jade, you can improve upon your opening statement in order to get a better task accuracy score. At the moment, it doesn't really provide a good overview summary because you wrote only a single sentence for it. The introduction needs to represent the overview of the content and outline your discussion. In your opening statement, you should have represented the age groups involved as well. The information should have been presented in individual sentences in order to meet the 3 sentence minimum requirement, which you successfully did in the succeeding paragraphs. Think of the test like a series of sound bites. The more you say in shorter sentences, the better the possibility of a higher score. Separating each fact bit in a sentence helps you to meet the word requirement and also, show off the way that you use English in a written context. Which is what the examiner is looking for in every essay he grades.

Home / Writing Feedback / Age distribution of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for future