Task 1, aming to score 8 - sedimentary coastlines forming process

mormontre 6 / 9 7  
The diagram below show how sedimentary rock is formed in coastal areas. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The images illustrate the stages involved in the creation of sedimentary coastlines under certain conditions, that might be the action of atmospherical agents or of the sea water.

Mountains may present weaker zones, where rocks are mainly unstable. In those cases, heavy rains cause pieces of stone to crack, separating them from the main body of the mountain. They subsequently start to fall because of gravity presence and are led into the sea by natural paths.

Stones are then subject to the levigating effect of sea water masses, which not only transform their initially edgy shape into a smoother one, but also make them more compact and homogeneous. Moreover, the continuous pressure to which they are subject seals them into a unique level. As the time passes, levels of sediments accumulate into higher stratified platforms, which in the end form a single coastline.

Overall, if it hadn't been for a combination of events, such lands would have been extremely unlikely to exist.
Maya29 14 / 18 14  
Hi Mara,
I think it will be useful if you also attach the images of the process you described. Your writing is interesting and please allow me to give some suggestions to it:

that might be(is caused by) the action of atmospherical agents or of the sea water (Since you haven't attach the images and use the word "might", I am not sure whether this belongs to your opinion or the part of the description. If it is your opinion, it would not be put there)

heavy rains cause(s) pieces ("rain" belongs to uncountable noun)

I hope they are useful for you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1, aming to score 8 - sedimentary coastlines forming process