[IELTS ,Letter] Apply for a housekeeping position

FrankZheng 3 / 14 7  
You saw an advertisement for a position to look after a house
- Introduce yourself
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Ask some questions about the job

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the position of house keeper advertised in yesterday's newspaper. As requested, I am enclosing my resume and a reference from my professor.

Being a student of Civil University in this town, I am looking for a job which would not interfere with my study. I am currently preparing the admission exam for the graduate school, so I need some quiet environment to concentrate on my preparation. I am also pleased with the location, where is near to my university and there are several public bus routes.

May I ask about the facilities nearby, I love sports including swimming and badminton. Is there a sport's center nearby? And what about the pay, I am afraid that you did not mention it very clearly.

If you want more information about me, please feel to contact me at 999-9999. Thank you for your time and considering me for this position.

Truly yours,
I am currently preparing the admission exam for the graduate school, so I need some quiet environment to concentrate on my preparation.

I am currently preparing for the admission examination for the graduate school. Therefore, I prefer a quieter environment to concentrate on studies.

I am also pleased with the location, where is near to my university and there are several public bus routes.

I am very pleased with this location and find it is in closer proximity to my university. It also provides easy access to the university via several public bus routes.

And what about the pay, I am afraid that you did not mention it very clearly.

Kindly also inform me the payment that you hope to make for this position.
You write well... Good luck with IELTS!
OP FrankZheng 3 / 14 7  
I only get 5.5 in my writing last time.

Maybe lots of minor errors, like you mentioned.

Thank you very much.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS ,Letter] Apply for a housekeeping position