There is an argument about whether we should protect all the fauna or not

ministran 1 / -  

Ielts writing task 2 about Wild animals

Topic: Some people believe that all wild animals should be protected. Others say that only a few wild animals should be protected. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There is an argument about whether we should protect all the fauna or not. Whilst many people believe that every kind of animal should be put under our consideration, I believe that we had better put a priority on some specific kinds.

On the one hand, protecting all wild species tends to be a long-term endeavor. To begin with, as a result of rapid industrialization, the natural environment that provides animals with shelter, habitat, and food has decreased. For example, because a wide range of factories on the river's bank discharge their chemical waste into the water, the aquatic environment is detrimentally affected leading to the decline in the variety of fish. Furthermore, animals play a vital role in biodiversity and the food chain, supplying us with meat and flora with fertilizer from their decomposition. Thanks to early protection such as breeding programmes, we can halt the decline in reproduction caused by overexploitation and uncontrolled poaching, which will eventually lead to extinction.

On the other hand, I believe that protecting a certain species is far more feasible and urgent. Firstly, protecting wild animals on a large scale is exorbitant for the reason that each conservation campaign and sanctuary requires a significant amount of resources and funding. Instead, we should focus on pressing challenges such as starvation and deadly diseases that many third-world countries have struggled with . Second, providing protection to multiple species that are not endangered may lead to the overpopulation of wild creatures, which could pose a threat to our survival. For example, if the number of rats, mice, and grasshoppers impairing agrarian production increases, farmers may have to shoulder a financial burden to cover the loss and subsistence expenses.

In conclusion, wild animals should be protected owing to their vital roles; however we should prioritize endangered species in order to address other emergency problems.
When you are asked to give both views and provide your opinion, the writing method of the task totally changes from singular opinion to comparative + personal opinion. That means, you have to provide a personal opinion based on the public reasoning consideration for each opinion. You cannot base the discussion of both opinions solely on what you think about it. This is a writing instruction that is clearly provided by the keywords "Some people" and "Other people" providing their views, also known as an opinion. So the discussion centers on what you believe to be accurate or inaccurate reasons behind the basis of their opinion. While you did a good job of providing your personal discussion for both opinions, that is not the sole discussion format needed for the presentation. You will not get a passing score when only the personal opinion is presented rather than the comparative discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / There is an argument about whether we should protect all the fauna or not