IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - ASSESSMENT TO ABILITY OF STUDENTS

chloemarles 2 / 3 1  
Topic:
Formal examinations are the only effective way to access a student's performance. Continuous assessment such as daily observations and projects is not a satisfactory way to do this.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some proponents of exams argue that formal tests show more efficacy when it comes to assessing scholars' aptitude instead of regular observation or projects. From my perspective, I am opposed to this opinion for some following reasons.

The benefits of regular assessment are plentiful. Engaging students' in projects facilitates them in developing different skills which can reinforce their future career. Supposing that soft skills are nowadays highly entailed by many companies, schools should place more premium on creating opportunities for undergraduates to brush up on skills such as team-working skills, problem-solving and social skills. Those who brim with various skill assets and proficiency are certainly beneficiaries when it comes to the rigorous recruitment competition. Besides, from teachers' perspective, they are provided a comprehensive evaluation on their pupils owing to this method, thereby scheming appropriate learning strategies to employ each students' ability effectively.

Furthermore, regular assessments render transparency compared to formal examination. Tests only offer transient results at the moment the examinees proceed. The results are strenuously guaranteed whether their competence lives up to the grades. Additionally, the act of falsifying test scores is prone to jeopardise the clarity of exams as well as motivation of learners. There is a likelihood that other students regard the case of cheaters as prime examples to imitate, getting distracted from pursuing knowledge for themselves. Whereas projects criticise learners based on their aptitude to emerge the thing they learn with reality, forging the strong bond between theoretical knowledge and practical activities.

In conclusion, I concede that exams play a pivotal role in judging performance of students; however, they should be combined with continuous assessment to acknowledge their genuine adeptness.
The response approach to this writing instruction is incorrect. You have used an ordinary agree or disagree response format for the writer's opinion. An incorrect representation of the writing guide since you were asked to use a measured response to the question provided. You need to show a degree of (dis)agreement with the given topic, based on 2 representative reasons that will be discussed in the later paragraphs. So, expect point reductions in your task accuracy score since you did not provide the correct response format for the essay. This error is what will hinder the full scoring consideration for your reasoning paragraphs as well. Your reasoning paragraphs are well defined but, like I said, cannot receive a scoring boost since your response format is faulty.
thuthao19321 2 / 4  
I think you should use '." in the last sentence

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - ASSESSMENT TO ABILITY OF STUDENTS