The bar chart below shows the data about British emigration to 5 destinations between 2004 and 2007.

plihg 1 / -  

British emigration to different destinations

The bar chart compares 5 nations, namely Australia, Spain, New Zealand, USA and France in terms of the number of British people emigrating them from 2004 to 2007.

Overall, it is evident that Australia was the most common destination for British emigrants during this four-year period, while the USA and New Zealand were the least popular choices. Moreover, the figure for British immigrants to Australia in 2006 witnessed the highest data surpassing all other categories.

In 2004, the number of UK people was over 40 thousand, while the number of UK people moving to Spain was 35 thousand. The following year, the figure for British immigrants to Australia declined slightly to under 40 thousand, while the figure for those moving to Spain remained relatively stable. Between 2006 and 2007, the number of people in the UK relocating to Australia witnessed a significant rise to over 50 thousand before dropping to about 43 thousand. In contrast, the number of British individuals emigrating to Spain experienced a minor decrease, falling to under 30 thousand by 2007.

The number of people in the UK choosing each other from 3 countries in 2004 was the same figure, at approximately over 20 thousand. Next year, there was a minimal decrease in the figure for British relocating in New Zealand and Usa, being at 22 thousand and 19 thousand respectively, while that in France rocketed to 33 thousand. From 2006 to 2007, 3 countries experienced a downward trend in the number of British immigrants to them, around 20 thousand at the end of the period.
This essay would cause you to automatically fail both task 1 and task 2 essays. That is because you took over 250 words to write the task 1 essay when the recommendation is 175 - 200 words only, within 20 minutes. Writing more than 250 words would require you to use around 40 minutes of writing time, which is the time allowance for the task 2 essay. As such, it is going to be impossible for you to pass either tests. You should consider keeping track of your word count by using a timer. That way you will get an accurate feel of exactly how many words you can write within 20 minutes. More importantly, it will tell you if you will be able to complete the writing task within the allotted time.

Home / Writing Feedback / The bar chart below shows the data about British emigration to 5 destinations between 2004 and 2007.