I don't believe that students can acquire more knowledge from schools than during online education

Karen_Karen 1 / -  
STUDENTS AT SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITIES CAN LEARN MORE FROM LESSONS WITH THEIR TEACHERS THAN FROM OTHER SOURCES, SUCH AS THE INTERNET AND TELEVISION. TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

a new, effective method of education

With information technology developing, online education has become a new trend in the education system. While some may assert that students can acquire more knowledge from schools than online education, I would argue that there are more benefits for them to study online.

Admittedly, students who study at universities may benefit from the direct interaction with their teachers. They could get immediate guidance by asking questions during lessons and even discussing with their tutors after classes. This ensures them to receive knowledge with fully understand. However, studying from other sources can only communicate by chatting on website forum areas or sending emails, which is not as effectively as learning with teachers at schools.

Having said this, however, I still believe that online education can expose students to a world of knowledge and provide them access to a wide range of subjects than campus-based study. For example, if students who enroll on engineering are interested in art, online courses can allow them to learn anything related to it whenever and wherever they are convenient, and they can even study from the top universities around the world. In this way, students can gain much more knowledge than only attend seminars at schools. In terms of studying from television, there are hundreds of TV programs about knowledge sharing, which can broaden students'horizon and to be an extremely excellent complement to the limit range of knowledge received from school.

In conclusion, although I recognize the advantages of learning from teachers at universities, I consider that learning online can acquire more knowledge overall.
Zhou, you have automatically failed this essay test due to your misunderstanding of the topic for discussion and how to discuss it. This is an extent essay, which means you have to present a degree of agreement or disagreement with the given statement. You must take one side of the discussion and defend it in 2 paragraphs. Or, partially agree or disagree then do a comparison discussion within 2 paragraphs. This is a 4 paragraph essay which you need to properly respond to otherwise, you fail the test. Why did you fail the test? Mostly because you misunderstood the method of discussion required.

Prompt instruction: TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?
Response: I would argue that there are more benefits for them to study online.

As you can see you decided to argue about the benefits of studying online when the instruction was for you discuss your agreement or disagreement with the assumption that students learn more from their teachers rather than online or on television. You then proceeded to do a comparison discussion for the given 2 opinions when all you were required to do was respond by giving a measured response to the original question via the agree/disagree method. Therefore, your essay failed to meet the prompt requirements due to your lack of understanding when it came to the prompt instructions.

The appropriate response to the question would have been:

I partially disagree with the idea that students learn more from their teachers rather than other educational channels.

The partial disagreement with the idea would have given you the opportunity you required to discuss both points of view in a contemplative manner. Please take the time to review other extent essay samples at this forum by clicking on the Similar Discussion [+] link below. It will help you become more familiar with the varied approaches to these types of discussion questions.

Home / Writing Feedback / I don't believe that students can acquire more knowledge from schools than during online education