Benjamin Todd shared his opinion about the relationship between career and passion

abangabul93 15 / 27  
(TED 12) To Find Work You Love, Don't Follow Your Passion - Benjamin Todd

In TED Talks, Benjamin Todd shared about the relationship between career and passion. Some people argue that a great career can be achieved by identifying your greatest interest or your passion. Perhaps, it is true that by following your passion, you will get a great career. But for Benjamin, if you follow your passion, you probably gain to fail. The data from University of Montreal reveals that there is only 3% jobs in arts, sports, and music while percentage of students who passionate in those passions reach at 90%. This means in majority, following your passion only makes you unsuccessful so you cannot fulfill your career. The pivotal way to deal with it is do what is valuable. Focus on doing beneficial activities to help each other is a secret key to fulfilling the career. The concept of his idea "do valuable things" consists of three steps: explore to learn something from different perspective, build others skills, and solve pressing social problems. It will lead you to become passionate individual in work you love. Remember that your present interest are not solid basis for career decisions.
ibe13 36 / 50 9  
Aloha Abul, here is my thoguht;

(1) Some people argue thatargue(you can omit "that" of noun clause to make it more complex) a great [...]
(2) Perhaps (it is too weak statement, you'd better say"probably" ); therefore, it is true that (...), you will get(gain/obtain) a great career.

(3) Butnevertheless/nonetheless/however for Benjamin,(...) passion, you will probably gain to fail.
(4) [...] reveals that there isare only 3% of jobs in arts, sports, and music whilewhereasthe percentage of (...) those passions reachreaches at 90%.
(5) This means in majority, [...]

Home / Writing Feedback / Benjamin Todd shared his opinion about the relationship between career and passion