What is the best way to store knowledge? Give reasons for your answer and include any examples

mdgbao1807 1 / -  
In the past, people stored knowledge in books. Nowadays, people store knowledge on the Internet.

Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Back then people stored knowledge in books. However, in this generation of technology development, people find a new method to record what they have learned, that is the Internet. There is growing concern whether this new information storage technique has more advantages or disadvantages. In my opinion, the pros of storing knowledge on the Internet outweigh its cons.

On the one hand, the Internet is extremely convenient, you can put anything on the Internet anytime and anywhere. For example: After watching a video about Graphic Design tips on social media platforms, I can simply choose the Save video option on the sites, then my Graphic Design tips will be stored permanently on my data, I can go back to it whenever I desire. Moreover, all of the data on the Internet are integrated into portable electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, etc. This helps people access new knowledge and record what they have learned easily. Another benefit of the Internet is that it promotes the connection of people around the world, which means that not only you can collect information from it, but also you can share the knowledge to everyone in your network or even people all around the world, interesting and innovative knowledge could be spread quickly and widely.

On the other hand, it is correct that the development of storing things online has drawbacks. One of them is the accuracy of information on the Internet. Nowadays, fake news on social platforms are a growing concern among Internet users. An example is in the time of the Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam, on social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter, there is an enormous amount of wrongful information with the purpose of ruining the credibility of the Vietnamese government. Therefore, people should choose information that comes from credible sources before receiving the knowledge.

In conclusion, with the advance of saving knowledge on the Internet. It is undoubted that there are some disadvantages, however, the benefits of using this new method still overshadow the drawbacks.
I was impressed by the method by which you provided an accurate, although wordy version, of the original prompt. Your opinion was also clearly stated but could have used the summarized discussion points to further add to the accuracy and clarity of your point of view. Regardless, the work done will bring in a passing preliminary score for this essay.

With regards to the discussion format, although you did show that you understood how you were to compare and contrast the discussion in the reasoning paragraphs, you did not properly execute the discussion paragraphs. The idea for this discussion is for you to discuss the pros and cons in 2 paragraphs using the same topic for each paragraph.

The focus of the C+C score in this essay will be on how well you prove your opinion as acceptable based upon proving that the opposite opinion has flaws or mistakes. Your job, as the writer, is to prove that even though people think something is a disadvantage in the discussion, the opposite is actually true. That is, the con is actually a pro.

In your discussion, you focused on 2 unrelated topics for each aspect, which made it a bit difficult to follow and believe. It is important that you remain focused on related discussion topics. This is accomplished by using the correct transition devices, based on a single topic, per paragraph.
gongjunim 1 / 3  
In conclusion, with the advance of saving knowledge on the Internet. It is undoubted that there are some disadvantages

The period after the Internet should be a comma so the sentence won't sound awkward, and there is no need for a capital I on the internet.

Home / Writing Feedback / What is the best way to store knowledge? Give reasons for your answer and include any examples