The best way to study English - the most popular language in the world

greetings 1 / -  
Hi there! Help me please to check out my essay. You are free to chage any sentence you dont like and it would be really nice if you'll do it.

-----------

surrounded by english language

In our modern multicultural world it's necessary to learn English. English is one of the most popular languages in the world and millions of people learn English as a second language. There are plenty of ways to learn English like watching films, listening music, attending language school and even moving to another country. But for me, the best way to learn language is surrounding yourself with English.

Firstly, you can listen to music, radio and podcasts. Listening music helps you to improve your pronunciation, listening skills and vocabulary. You can listen to music all day and it's free. To improve your vocabulary, you should always find the lyrics or script online and learn the definition of all words you don't know. Singing along with your favorite English songs will help you to learn how to pronounce English words correctly and improve your listening skills.

Secondly, you can read books. Reading books helps you to understand English grammar better and see it in action, develop your understanding of the language. The key to success is choosing the right book for you. In the very beginning you should choose books for children or simplified literature. After reading quite a few simple books, you can start trying to read original books.

Finally, just practice! Try to use new words and phrases in your speech or write a little composition. Nowadays Internet is blurring the boundaries between countries and you can easily find native English speaker for language exchange or just talk about anything.

In conclusion, I want to say that when you surround yourself with English in your everyday life, you will make it appear to your brain that the English language is something real in your life and that it is vitally important to learn this language. Many people have the idea that learning English is a difficult process. In fact, the language is really easy to learn if you spend time on practicing it every day with above method.
Elena, this is a pretty good presentation. You have a clear flow of thought coming out of every paragraph. Your explanations are clear and precise. It is informative and does a pretty good job of presenting logical, common sense advice about how you learn to speak in English. However, you have a problem with the use of connecting words. In one of your sentences, you used the word "but" to start it off. This is a connecting word that is commonly used in the middle of a sentence presentation in order to connect two related trains of thought. Since there is no previous thought to be connected in a new sentence, the word "but" should not be used. You can just use the actual information to start the sentence instead as in "For me, the best way..." . You also have a problem with the use of the word "the" which is a signal word. You have to use the word in order to connect the words in your sentence in a meaningful way. The job of the word "the" is to signal the noun or subject of the sentence. It helps to create the target meaning or subject of the sentence. That is why it is a very important and frequently used part of English sentence development. You cannot have a meaningful sentence without this signal word.

Home / Writing Feedback / The best way to study English - the most popular language in the world