Is it better to introduce a foreign language at primary school instead of in secondary school?

needtobebetter 1 / -  
Can you help me with me essay?

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Do the advantages of this outweighs the disadvantages?

There is no doubt that language plays a vital role in today's world. While some experts maintain that it is better to introduce a foreign language at primary school instead of secondary school, many people think that it will be more pressure for children. From my perspective, I believe that there are more drawbacks than benefits.

There are clear advantages of learning a foreign language at an early age. Firstly, primary school students process a perfect age to approach a new language. Researchers have shown that from 5 to 15 years old is the period when children develop significantly in language ability. Also, it is linguistically proven that the younger the learner is, the more easily they can pick up correct pronunciation and intonation. For example, many schools in developed countries have encouraged their students to be bilingual by adding a foreign language to the study program. Secondly, starting early allows more time to accumulate knowledge. This is due to the earlier children start, the more time they have to expose to that language. They can learn a foreign language through a variety of means, including books, entertainment programs, music,...Therefore, it is easier for them to broaden vocabulary and knowledge on its culture.

On the other hand, learning a new language can overwhelm children with too much subjects at school and put them under pressure. In this way, children might have less time to participate in some healthy activities they might need at their age due to the heavy loads of homework. Additionally, studying a foreign language at an early age can also cause confusion for children. This is because they are still countinue fulfulling their mother language. A clear illustration of this problem is that children can not express their notion clearly as well as suffer language disorder.

In conclusion, approaching a new language during childhood may have some disadvantages such as pressure and language disorder. However, I believe that being able to learn a foreign language at a primary school would be a fantastic opportunity for long-term development.
The prompt restatement is inaccurate. It contains reasoning information that are not a partof the original prompt. Any personal opinions or discussions should be reflected either in the opinion sentence or thesis statement. The rewriting of the topic must remain true to the original without any personal influence.

The writer must review how English punctuation marks are used. The writer will never find an instruction that will recommend the successive use of punctuation marks. Regardless of what punctuation marks are used, these may only be usedone at a time. The writer will receive heavy penalties for improper sentence structures due to faulty punctuation usage.

Since the writer believes that there are more disadvantages to early foreign language learning, then 2 reasons proving it should be presented. Due to the essay presenting only one supporting reason, the essay becomes confusing to lead. The reader will question the true opinion of the writer, leading to a reduced score. The clarity of the writing is now faulty and cannot receive full scoring marks for TA, GRA, and C + C elements.

As a reminder, if the instruction does not ask one to compare anything, a comparison discussion should not be used.

Home / Writing Feedback / Is it better to introduce a foreign language at primary school instead of in secondary school?