IT IS BETTER TO SPEAK WELL RATHER THAN TO WRITE WELL IN OUR WORK/LIFE

Mimi123 4 / 6 1  

verbal skills evaluation

There have been some discussions about the important of speaking skills over writing skills. As far as I am concern, each of these skills plays a crucial role in our life, but if I should choose one skill whose advantages are more likely to overweigh the other, I would say that it is communication skill.

First, when you meet someone for the first time, the way you speak is really important in making the impression. Most people believe that how you speak partly reveals who you are. If you first speak to someone and you speak clearly and fluently, you will leave a good impression on him. Or else, he might end up thinking that you are not an interesting person, and that will affect the relationship between you and that man later.

Second, if you are able to speak well, you have more chances to develop your social relationships. When people first meet new friends, they tend share their interests or attitude towards things, and those with the same interests make friends together. Therefore, being able to communicate well means that you enlarge your social relationships. With my personal experience, I have never seen someone with a good interpersonal skill that has just a few friends.

Last but not least, people who are good at speaking are more likely to be successful at work. Generally speaking, all jobs require communication as a basic skill. For example, every day you must work with a lot of partners, discuss with your boss, even you have to negotiate with partners from another company. Hence, speaking skill is crucial to your career. It does not only help you get along with your partners but also achieve specific goal in your job.

To sum up, both speaking and writing skills are truly important in our daily lives as well as our jobs. Although I believe that being able to speak well seem to be more helpful than writing well, we should attempt to manage and master both skills.
Kim, in today's politically correct world, it is no longer proper to assume that the default gender of a person is male. Rather than indicating a "male" gender in your discussion, use alternative references such as "person", "it" or "their". That way you write in a modern manner that uses a blanket gender reference instead of a default reference. This only applies if you do not know the actual gender of a person though. If you are sure you are addressing a male or female, then use the applicable pronouns and gender references when discussing them.

Aside from that particular correction, there is no problem with the discussion points you developed in your essay. These are all applicable to general settings and shows that you are capable of expressing yourself coherently in English. Towards the end though, you mentioned writing in the conclusion. I would not have done that if I were you because you did not do a comparative discussion in the earlier paragraphs to warrant the sudden comparative mention that you made in the concluding statement. This new representation would have required you to continue the discussion into a number of additional paragraphs in order to better establish your comparative essay discussion.
OP Mimi123 4 / 6 1  

Thank you for your comment. I would probably fix that in my next essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / IT IS BETTER TO SPEAK WELL RATHER THAN TO WRITE WELL IN OUR WORK/LIFE