IELTS-CAM 9-TASK 1-ISLAND BEFORE AND AFTER THE CONSTRUCTION OF TOURIST FACILITIES

Traveler 6 / 14 2  
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

This is my answer

The maps illustrate the changes to an island after the development of tourism infrastructure.

It is clear that the island has changed significantly after the introduction of tourism. Before the development took place there were only some palm trees and a beach, while now there are facilities and attractions available for tourists.

Looking at the second map, the access to the island was made possible through the construction of a pier on the south coast, which is connected to the reception by a vehicle track. This road also links the reception to the restaurant, on the north side of the island, where guests can eat.

Visitors stay in huts located in both the centre and the west side of the island, with each hut connected to others by means of footpaths. Tourists can now enjoy themselves with activities such as swimming at the beach on the west coast, and sailing in the south sea.

Any comment is appreciated. Thanks.

catherine0605 2 / 2  
Compare with the second map,there were not have any tourism facilities
catherine0605 2 / 2  
In last paragraph , if there have the overviews ,it seems that more better.
Overall, I think this is a pretty good response.

Looking at the second map, the access to the island was made possible through the construction of a pier on the south coast

This is report writing and you need to adopt an appropriate tone accordingly. So say this more officially;
The second diagram illustrates that ....

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-CAM 9-TASK 1-ISLAND BEFORE AND AFTER THE CONSTRUCTION OF TOURIST FACILITIES