IELTS Cambridge Book 1, Test 2, Writing task 1 (Weather forecast)

SaraOm 3 / 6 1  
The diagram shows how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown in the image.

The diagram illustrates the process of weather forecast by Australian Bureau of Meteorology using the information collected on weather.

Overall, the process consist of four main steps. Such as, incoming information, analysis and forecast, prepare the broadcast and broadcast. Number of resources and methods contribute in each step in order to produce a weather forecast.

As the first step they gain the information from three main resources (the satellites, radar and drifting buoy). Satellites give information as satellite photos whereas radar and drifting buoy give information as radar screen and synoptic chart respectively. Those information given by each resource use in analysis and forecasting process in order to give an output.

By passing the analysis and forecast step, the next step is to prepare the broadcast by the computer system. The broadcast prepared by computer system then reach the final step which is broadcast. Finally the weather forecast broadcast by a TV newsreader, radio or as recorded announcement.

using the information collected on weather.

This is a redundacy. This information is clearly implied at the start of the sentence. Good work on presenting a summary of the report collation and creation process though. It is a clear summary that provides the necessary information to the reader, who can understand the process even without seeing the diagram. Excellent creative representation.

As the first step they gain the information from three main resources

A comma should be provided in this sentence. Separate the step from the procedure. A pause is required rather than a period or any other punctuation mark.

Satellites give information as satellite photos whereas

A comma would be helpful to separate the sattelite information from the next thought process. However, a period would be more helpful since the next set of information does not relate to the previously stated data.

There are a few other sentence structure issues in the presentation in relation to grammar usage. These errors are minimal and do not affect the clarity of the presentation too much. Overall, this is an acceptable effort that tends to properly use the profession related jargon in the report.
OP SaraOm 3 / 6 1  
Satellites

Thank you so much for the comment. This really help me in my corrections. Best Regards

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Cambridge Book 1, Test 2, Writing task 1 (Weather forecast)