Camping is the ideal way of spending a holiday.

peripetie 1 / -  
Hi everyone. I'm practicing for B1+ English exam where I have to write 160-170 words essay but I never seem to fit in.

A holiday is made the best period of time for many people by busy schedules and tiring work and in my opinion, a perfect way to spend it is to go camping, since we already spend most of our time in the city and it gives us opportunity to go out in nature and make new friends.

To begin with, we get in touch with nature while camping. For most of us, our everyday life is associated with busy urban area, with its traffic and noise. When we go camping we leave the city life behind and enjoy the beauty of nature and really experience the world. Moreover, camping is a great help to mental health, we escape from the stress of the city and feel relaxed the whole time in the calm atmosphere of nature.

Secondly, we gain new friends. There are a lot of camping tours and if we go into one, we will interact with new people, with whom we might have a lot in common with and end up being friends, however, if you go camping with your own friends, it still helps you to form a stronger bond with them and get to know them better.

Due to above mentioned facts, I believe that by making people closer to nature and letting them make new friends in such atmosphere, camping is the ideal way to spend a holiday.
The reason why you are going over the maximum word count is because you are writing the essay in an IELTS or TOEFL format. That means you are analyzing the topic when what you should be doing, is a discussion of the topic provided. If the question is :

What do you think is an ideal way of spending a holiday?

The direct response should be:

I think that the ideal way of spending a holiday is by going camping. That is because I have fun spending time in nature settings.

Then go on to explain what activities you enjoy doing when you are camping. You can explain that you enjoy cooking by using firewood, you like pitching tents to sleep in, and you like fishing in lakes, or other similar explanations.

The B1 test has to prove that you are fluent enough to carry on simple English conversations. Based on what I have read, you do not have the simple fluency ability nailed down at this point. You do not sound fluent yet. I am sure you will get there. Just keep practicing. Focus on writing short instead of long responses, in conversation, rather than analytical opinion form.

Home / Writing Feedback / Camping is the ideal way of spending a holiday.