Essay about whether or not change is good

baongan00006 1 / -  
It is often considered that change is more beneficial than trying to avoid it and have everything remain the same.

Do you think the advantages of change outweigh the disadvantages?

It is believed that changes may bring more benefits than staying in an old style. Although a changeable life may cause some disorder, I am of the opinion that the advantages of change exceed its drawbacks.

On the one hand, changes are sometimes expensive, overwhelming and tiring. As a matter of fact, some people are not able to cope with changes which may cause confusion, perplexity and inconvenience. For instance, when a person wants to move to a new house, they have to deal with many things like: rearrangement, redecoration, and transport fees which are sometimes costly and time-consuming. In another example, a student who has just moved to a new school often complains of having no friends to play with.

On the other hand, any new situation that a person encounters can be an opportunity to learn and grow as a person. In fact, when dealing with a new challenge, people can gain more hands-on experience and skills which can be beneficial for them in the next situation. Moreover, changing is also a good chance for them to be more adaptable and flexible. In addition, change can help people improve their quality of life, create more favorable conditions. For example, changing the decorations of your bedroom can help you feel more refreshed or even reduce stress.

To sum up, while people may be overwhelmed with changes, I believe that the benefits of changes far surpass its downsides as it brings people with many opportunities to gain a better life.
You did a very good job in the prompt restatement. Your opinion was also well developed but came short of completion with a sentence referring to your reasoning topics. The discussion itself though, does not follow the expected format for the response.

This is a prompt that lends itself to a written debate. A written debate format using this prompt must be focused in proving that your reasoning point of view is the stronger and more believable one. Do that by disspelling the known disadvantages as actual advantages. You must use 2 reasons that will support your point of view in this instance. That means you have to:

1. State the given disadvantage
2. Oppose this point of view
3. Give a reasonable explanation that supports your opinion
4. Provide an example that proves your point
5. Transition to the next paragraph

Remember that these agree or disagree essays are single opinion evidence based. These cannot be successfully discussed as a comparative essay because the main requirement is to give a clear point of view. That is accomplished only when you provide proof that your point of view is the correct one. You are allowed 2 paragraphs to do that. You will only receive scores for paragraphs that support your opinion.

When you oppose yourself in the discussion, you deliver a confusing opinion statement. As such, the essay will not receive a passing consideration due to under explained evidence. In addition to that, word point deductions will also be applied since the actual supporting essay does not cover the 250 minimum word requirement. So this type of presentation will not meet with a passing score in the end.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about whether or not change is good