IELTS task 1: the chart in global sales of games software, CDs and DVD or video

eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
The chart below gives information about global sales of games software, CDs and DVD or video. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information.

Answer:
The given bar chart shows the number of global products: games software, DVD/Video and CDs sold during a particular period of time, from 2000 to 2003.

According to the chart, the sales of games software rose gradually during the three years. Meanwhile, in the case of the DVD/Video, this figure had more double sales than that of games software. However, there was a slight decrease of sold CDs from 2000 onwards.

A more detailed look at the data presents, from 2000 to 2001 the sales of games software increased slightly with approximately 12-to-14 billion dollars, continued to nearly 20 billion dollars in the end of the year. By comparison with the sold DVD/video peaking at 30 billion dollars in 2003, this product had a low of the sales.

Looking backward 2003-2000, the global products of DVD/video started point in 20 billion dollars of the total sales, then it had been significantly better during the following years, with approximately 21-and-27 billion dollars. On the other hand, after a short peak of the sold CDs, with 34 billion dollars, this global product was a gradual slight drop in 2001 and 2002, then continued to a low of only 31 billion dollars in the end of the period.

Clearly, the numbers of global sales for games software and DVD/video rose steadily, while the sales of CDs showed the reverse.

Serapke 8 / 14  

I think you should just skip that part 'during a particular period of time' and write just 'sold from 2000 to 2003.' It sounds better.

Overall, I really liked your essay. You mentioned the main keys, some additional information and summed it up pretty nicely with the last sentence. Good job.
The given bar chart shows the number of global products: games software, DVD/Video and CDs sold during a particularthe period of time, from 2000 to 2003.

The given bar chart shows the number of global products: games software, DVD/Video and CDs sold during the period of time, from 2000 to 2003. According to the chart, the sales of games software rose gradually during the three years. Meanwhile, in the case of the DVD/Video, this figure had more double sales than that of games software. However, there was a slight decrease of sold CDs from 2000 onwards.

.... excellent introduction and overview :) You follow the best structure for this task now :)
Very good writing. I think you are now ready for this task if you managed the time allowed for this one :)
OP eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Thanks Serapke...,

Ya,,, It was this phrase

'sold from 2000 to 2003.'

which I want, but it was late coming out from my mind. Thanks Serapke, you show me the new insight
OP eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Wooow... Dumi. You show me more than I expect. Oya, to tell you the truth, timing is the biggest problem I face now. I spent 35 minutes for this writing. For the suggestion, again I say thank you very much.

Anyway may I ask a question?
"What do you think if I write for IELTS report essay with more than 200 words. Let's say 300-350 words, as to explain more details in the bodies of paragraph. The aim is to make the report more clearly for the readers.

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks.
I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Clever question :) I too look forward to dumi's comments on this point LOL
I would vote for having around 200 words. I think that is more practical with the time , the 20 mins allowed for you to complete the task. So, it is better you follow some structure for this body para and practice accordingly to improve handling time. Find your own strategy to group data in general (for example - similarities and differences) Accordingly write about two body paras (e.g. one for similarities and one for differences).

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 1: the chart in global sales of games software, CDs and DVD or video