Writing ielts Task 1: The chart shows the percentage of car manufacturer's total sales in USA

RosieJun 1 / 3  

chart analysis task

Exercise 3: The chart shows the percentage of car manufacturer's total sales in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.

The graph provides information about the proportion of total sales of car manufacturers in four continents over the course of 4 years, starting from 2006. Overall, there was an upward trend in the number of total car sales in Asia and Europe, as opposed to the data for South America and North America. The data for North America registered the lowest figures throughout the period, bottoming in 2008. In addition, South America displayed the greatest difference over the period.

In 2006, almost 30% of Asians bought cars, which slightly increased to 33% in 2007. The data remained unchanged until 2008, before climbing to reach the highest value on record of 50% in 2010, making it the most popular car manufacturer in that year. In contrast, the proportion of cars traded in North America, with the figure standing at 10% of total sales of car manufacturers, witnessed a two-fold descend to 5% in 2009. This figure then recovered slightly to 11% in 2010.

In the first year of the period, the percentage of total car sales of European car manufacturers and South American were approximately the same, at about 30%. The data for Europe exhibited a gradual growth of 8% to reach 38% in 2008, followed by a slight decline of 8% after 2 years. Likewise, the percentage of total car sales of South American car producers fell and remained unchanged at 21% in the next 2 years, before slightly descending to 9% in 2010.
I will be unable to review your paper accurately due to the lack of image in the presentation. You must always provide the image that accompanies the prompt because it is vital for me, as the educational consultant, when reviewing the work you have submitted. The image can spell the difference between my analyzing your work as having passed or failed the task. Upload the image next time for more accurate review of your work.

You have gone beyond the word allotment for the 20 minute task. You should be able to keep your report short, within 175-190 words, while still being clear about the information being presented. Over analyzing the presentation will not be good for you because it will force you to cut into the 40 minute writing time for the Task 2 essay. Believe me, you want to keep that 40 minute writing allowance for the second task. You can write clearly, but in a shorter manner if you learn to draft your essay by noting specific information, and then writing the essay. That way you can quickly move on to the proof reading aspect, which can help you get a higher score in the final consideration.

Now, you have a good grasp of the English language. You have used the vocabulary properly, as far as I can tell. However, the grammar perfection needs to be counter checked by the validity and accuracy of your image discussion. Something that I cannot check because of the lack of uploaded image. So do not pat yourself on the back just yet. There is in assurance that you did well in the writing portion.

For one, you only mentioned a graph in your first sentence. You do know that there are several types of graphs right? Also, the original title says a chart was uploaded. A chart is different from a graph. Which is it? So, based on the inaccurate and questionable image identification alone, there is already a problem with the accuracy of your presentation. Maybe I can give you a better review next time. That is, if you remember to upload the image along with your report.
OP RosieJun 1 / 3  
Thank you so much, this is the first time I have used this website. I will try my best the next time.
steve9198 1 / 1  
Your vocabulary and grammar are very good.
In IELTs writing part1, the topic sentence should be one sentence: "The graph...from 2006". Then you should start a new paragraph.
North America, South America, Europe and Asia. They are 3 continents

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing ielts Task 1: The chart shows the percentage of car manufacturer's total sales in USA