Children should differentiate between right and wrong at an early age - punishment techniques

Amelia Tran 1 / -  

It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age

Many people argue that children should differentiate between right and wrong at an early age. While there are some benefits to applying the punishment, I am of the opinion that there are proper ways to punish them.

On the one hand, the idea of punishment is beneficial to some extent. Firstly, children are bound to be self-aware of doing wrong. What I mean is that, by giving them a light punishment, they are prone to realize their mistakes and self-discipline. Secondly, disciplining help juvenile to be more moral. To illustrate, when parents teach them how to behave with adults and elderly people, their orderliness and self-restraint will make their family proud.

On the other hand, there are a variety of reasons why I also believe that there are alternative methods to teach teenagers how to tell the difference between right and wrong. First and foremost, instead of corporal punishment, doing the housework is one of the best choices for parents to punish adolescents. This is because it takes them more than hours to do household chores, so they will spend that free time making up for their mistakes. Another way is to reduce time on the Internet and video games. To be more specific, when their time spending on surfing the web is limited, they are likely to devote their time to valuable activities such as reading books, gathering around with families, and the like. As a result, they are likely to take responsibility for their actions and faults.

In conclusion, while there are many merits regarding punishing children to learn the dissimilarity between good and bad, I still believe that it is more advantageous to penalize them in other methods
While you did write more than the minimum word count, your response is not entirely correct. The essay you wrote focuses only on one aspect of the 2 questions provided for the discussion. You have not provided an extent response for the personal opinion presentation. You also do not have the corresponding personal opinion analysis in the body of the essay. Therefore, the presentation is not going to receive a passing mark. When an essay is not completely on track with the discussion expectations, the examiner will have no choice but to score the essay based on an under developed and incompletely analyzed reasoning basis. Since you only discussed one aspect, expect to get a non-passing score. You cannot do a selective discussion in a task 2 essay. Your reasoning paragraphs and discussions must correspond to the guide questions provided in the prompt. 3 questions = 3 response paragraphs based on one question each.

Home / Writing Feedback / Children should differentiate between right and wrong at an early age - punishment techniques