Punishment is necessary to help children learn the distinction between right and wrong

huy2108 2 / 3  

Is punishment a proper way?

It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
What sort of punishment should parents and teachers be allowed to use to teach good behaviour to children?

It is a fact that education an infant to perceive about right or wrong is essential to shape characteristic and behavior later. I agree that punishment is a useful method to help them progress, but I also think that we should not abuse it too much.

On the one hand, I believe that children should be punished when they do something wrong. As a habit, the children will often have a tendency to recurrent mistakes if they are not subjected to an impact large enough from the adult. For example, when parents educate well and give the rules to punish infants if they violate, acts such as disrespect, truancy will not exist. In other words, the penalty is an efficient way to remind children to remember and avoid mistakes again.

On the other hand, in many cases, the punishments bring negative effects in spirit and psychology in the children. The feeling of fear and obsessive mind by harsh punishments after they do not show as well as their parents expect will easily lead to autism and mental illness. Instead, advice or awards also a good way to influence directly to children's awareness.

I encourage slight punishment such as cutting down the money, cleaning the house or learning a poem; by the way, children not only understand the mistakes they did but also learn the way to use money suitable, keep the house tidy and raise the knowledge.

In conclusion, I advocate using punishments for children as long as their effect is moderate and do not adversely influence normal development in infants.
An infant is never punished. An infant is a baby. An innocent who does not know right from wrong because they do not have the mental faculties to understand the difference. This is from age 0 months to 2 years old. When a child becomes a toddler. Still, no punishment required. The mental faculties are still developing. Punishment is meted out starting at the ages of 3-5. This is when they become kids, no longer infants or babies. Your synonym choice is highly erroneous and will be considered as such when points are deducted in the LR section.

Use a strong emotional response in the essay. This is an extent essay so you need descriptive emotional words to describe your opinion. While this is a single opinion direct response essay, it requires a measured dis/agreement response within the prompt paraphrase.

You need to directly outline your discussion topics by giving a proper outline response at the end of the paraphrase. What is obvious in this discuss il on is that you did not outline your essay before writing the draft. Then, you did not compare your response with the discussion requirements. There needs to be 2 different punishment suggestions in the essay, one for teachers, one for parents. Which is why the essay has not developed a proper discussion of the type of punishments you think should be applied by each type of authority figure.

Always compare your content with the prompt. Never use more than 10 minutes to write your draft. No more than 290 words. That way you have time to alter your response should you realize that your response needs improvement or changes to address the discussion topic.
Hafsa257 7 / 21  
I think your essay is really good especially on the fact that you mentioned the drawbacks of punishing children and the good things that might come out though I would say your essay is a little long with many paragraphs. Cut your essay a little short this way you will have less chances of making mistakes and plenty of time to review your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Punishment is necessary to help children learn the distinction between right and wrong