Closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities

aviniwirastri [Contributor] 10 / 35 11  
hii, EF members, please give me comments and advice.

Due to the development and rapid extension of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that the closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?
ielts task 2

The increasing number of supermarket in several countries has made local business knocked down. One opinion states that local people will be bankrupt due to collapse of local business. However, i believe that it can precisely bring local people to be much more developed if this problem is positively responded. So, i firmly disagree with opinion mentioned.

Local business run by local people looks out of date and is not attractive. Modern community likes something instant and more colorful. To illustrate, traditional markets in some developing countries are dirty and messed up. Supermarkets, as a comparison, are clean and well-arranged. It is one point that attracts people to choose supermarket for shopping. People in common will surely choose shopping in a place with air conditioner, sweet-smelling and comfort. In addition, the price is also competitive. As a result, less and less people go to traditional market for shopping, in other words, there is no reason for people to choose traditional markets as the first option.

Local businesses have a lot of homework dealing with this condition. If they do not want to fall, they need to rearrange everything, including service, appearance and marketability. Started from things they sell, local businesses have to keep the quality and offer something that supermarkets do not. For example, local clothing companies should make copyrights and keep their originality, and only sell the products in their own outlets. They should be creative in producing products as well. Because once they are not creative, loss of market is a consequence. Fresh food and vegetables, additionally, need to be considered for traditional market to preserve. It means that local sellers should care about the freshness and pay more attention to the hygiene of food and vegetables sold. It can be a consideration for consumer to choose where they shop. The last is price. As we know that monopoly is a public enemy. How to avoid it and how to keep the price lower than modern markets are questions that need to be answered by local businesses.

In my view, it is only about how to keep creative. Local businesses cannot prevent a competition. The only choice is to face it. They need to see this situation as a challenge, or at least they must still stand as an option for buyers. I never think that it is a death for local businesses, but it is a chance to rise up instead. It can obviously stimulate them to come up with innovation. In addition, government should wisely take a part in making policy, so healthy competition will be guaranteed.
Diandin16 9 / 10  
let me to paraphrase your conclusion paragraph:

In my view, it is only about how [...] healthy competition will be guaranteed.

the aforementioned evidence shows that local businesses can not afford to face market competition. Local businesses should view this issue as a challenge and try to find a solution to continue to compete one with innovate. in addition, the government's role in regulating the market price can not be neglected

Home / Writing Feedback / Closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities