college education is necessary in the U.S society

KathyLala 20 / 116  
Hi all
This is my practice writing, please make any corrections. Thanks you for your time
Topic: do you think college education is necessay for success the U.S society?
Response:
Almost all people determine to succeed and endeavor to reach their goal. For example, some people, after finishing high school, look for a job because they might think that this is the shortest way for them to save up. Others believe that college education prepares them a solid knowledge base of any careers; hence, they will choose to pursue higher education before starting their jobs. Although those people may delay their working many years later, they will have more chance of success than of those who don't possess a college degree. Therefore, I truly believe that college education is necessary for success in the U.S society.

First of all, almost high-paid salary jobs require a college degree. Even though, some employers may announce that a few years of job experience can be equivalence with a college degree. In fact, when they view the applications, they would have more interest on applicants with having college degree than of those who don't. Besides, many professional organizations often require supporting documents such as introduction letter, letter of purpose, or resume rather than a single sheet filled-out application, and college level candidates would have more a chance of calling for an interview because they already master the writing techniques in their class. In the same way, they also learn about how to get impressed to interviewers as well.

Secondly, having college education would be an advance for people at work. They understand and master methodologies and concepts before coming into practicing. When two workers, for example, operate their machines, and all of a sudden, these machines break down and stop working. Eventually, a college level person would probably know what's wrong with the machine, and he even has ideas of how to handle the problem before coming for a machine checkup. At the same time, the other worker, without having mechanical education, would fumble hours through the machine, checking for a defect. This implies that higher education would help a person solve problem quickly and effortlessly. Furthermore, if a company offers training class or project to employees, people with former education are likely would be the faster learners. Obviously, their high performance would help them having a promotion at work.

Some opponents claim that a non-college study person could successfully hold a high position at work. This is quite true to some extent; however, this person has to spend twice as much time as compared with educated people. He might suspend his precious time with family and friends and skip many enjoyable activities in order to complete his work. Ultimately, he would slowly ebb away his relationships and lose his own pleasurable time. And even worse, when a company has a downtime, he is likely getting in a laid-off list. To illustrate, a casher has been working at a retail store for ten years could be promoted for a manager position. Yet, a new graduate in management degree could be paid the same salary range with a ten years working person.

There are some other ways to become success such as learning from life experience or working hard to manage a better life; however, if people choose to follow these ways, they have to be tough planners or born talented, or else, they would easily trip off the plans. Although some people feel that college study can be wasted time in life, having standard foundation of knowledge is a necessary part for one's success.
OP KathyLala 20 / 116  
Thanks a lot Yao and Kory. I'm appreciated your ideas. I agree with you, Yao. This essay is too long and repeated words like "college education", and because I need to give examples in my essay comparing the benefits between person with college study and the one without it. So that I use a lot of "college education" to describe my ideas. Since I know it's bored, but I don't know how to make it better.

@Kory: Save up =save money
"Although those people may delay their working many years later, they will have more chance of success than of those who don't possess a college degree."

I mean going to college takes people a lot of time, and they will start working after finishing study, for example, a cashier has been working in a retail store for ten years, he or she may be promoted to management position; however, it takes other person six years finishing his/her management degree, so after he/she graduates, he/she would have same position with the one who has been working ten years. Anyway, my ideas is too long

Home / Writing Feedback / college education is necessary in the U.S society