Compare And Contrast Study English in Dominic Place and Abroad

nguyenvannam 5 / 11  
The number of people who want to learn English have been growing up rapidly in the recent decades. While some people think it is perfect way to learn English is study abroad, others suppose that it is more appropriate to study English domestically. Based on these observations, this essay will compare and contrast study English abroad and study English domestically focusing on two differences and one similarity. The two differences are the English speaking environment and the finance factor while the similarity is the personal determination.

To start with, Study English abroad is unlike study English with respect to the English speaking environment. In the countries which speak English, excepting study English at schools, learners have more chances to communicate with residents by using English, listen to radio and watch Television in English. In other words, they are covered by English speaking environment, therefore they are more likely to improve their English skill. For example, a Vietnamese student who is studying in Australia needs to use English when he shops, works a part time job and invites his friend for hanging out. Differently, Study English domestically has less opportunities to use English. Learner only use English at English class or English clubs. Besides, they use their native language to talk each others. The repetition of learning English is low can be difficult in increasing range of words and especially speaking skill. the brains of learners do not focus on one language but being divided into two part for each language. As a result, their language abilities are more struggle to become naturally. For instance, in Vietnam many student can not speak English well even they have spent twelve year for studying English. To summarize, study English abroad and domestically have difference in term of the English speaking environment.

Secondly, study English abroad differ from study English domestically with regard to finance factor. In fact, study English abroad requires a huge amount of money which will pay for tuition in English course. Moreover, learners have to pay for other expenditure such as accommodation, transportation and food. For example, a student who studies in Australia needs to pay approximately six thousand Australian dollars for an English course length six months. Unlike study English abroad, [Describe B] study English domestically requires a less expensive amount of money for English course than study abroad. In addition, they can save money by living with their families or using less money for tickets in local areas. For example, Vietnamese students live in Hochiminh city need to pay approximately three hundred Dongs - equal twenty Australian dollars for bus travelling per month, while students in Melbourne pay one hundred and forty AUD per month. In summary, a distinction is seen between study English abroad and domestically with respect to financial factor.

In terms of similarities, study English abroad is rather similar to study abroad with regard to determination. [Describe A] Even though study English abroad has more advantages by whole English speaking environment, learners need to push themselves to be successful. It is not simple to be fluent in English unless working hard. Many people can speak English fluently in spite of living twenty years in English countries. Similarly, Study English domestically also needs self-efforts to reach the goals of study English. Learners pay a lot of time for practising whole four skills. They should use English in a real life to help them speaking naturally. Both places for studying English, learners need to have really determination to get skilful English language. To sum up, study English abroad and domestically demand the determination of learners.

To conclude, this essay has compared and contrasted study English abroad and domestically in three different areas. Firstly, study English abroad and domestically differ from English speaking environment. While study abroad has more chances to perfect English skills, study domestically is divided by two languages local and English language. Furthermore, unlike study domestically, study abroad requires more amount of money to support expensive things such as accommodation, transportation and tuition as well. in high schools, teachers are the students' primary and sole source of knowledge. Lastly, both study English abroad and domestically necessitate determination of learners too much to accomplish in English language. All in all, study English abroad seem to be suitable solution for perfect English in a short time due to a good English speaking environment.
Nguyen, I have read and carefully understood your essay.
I must say, you were able to justify a very good contrast between the
two ideas.Indeed, learning the English Language greatly varies on the
geographical location, not only that, it also has a lot of factors such as,
the exposure of the student to the language, the usage of the language in their
daily life and how beneficial it will be or it is now in there lives.

Moreover, I like the fact that you were able to make your point without using very
unusual words that will not be understood by a normal reader. You used words
that are very conversational and very easy to comprehend.

What I think that can be improved though is your presentation, I believe you will
be able to compress the paragraphs and make it into 4 paragraphs, this way it
will be presented in a more formal and professional way.

I wish the best of luck and I hope you keep writing to further enhance your
writing skills. Do let us know should you need further assistance.
AAORA 1 / 6  
Hey, well done. But, if you are preparing GRE,TOEFL you should increase your words per sentence since its a bit low.

Words per Sentence 18.2 --> must be 20+

Home / Writing Feedback / Compare And Contrast Study English in Dominic Place and Abroad