IELTS TASK1:Letter to complain about neighbor

gmad06 20 / 151 55  
It would be great to receive your comments and suggestions. thanks.

TASK:Write a letter to your landlord complaining about problems you are having with your neighbours in the above floor.
include
- what problems are you facing
- what have done about them
- what would you like the landlord to do.

Dear Mr. Rogers,

How are you? I am writing you this letter to complain about the excessive noise made by my neighbors on the second floor. This incident has been reoccurring several times already for the past two weeks and it has caused me sleepless nights.

I am particularly referring to the tenants of room 204. I believe they are a group of college students from a nearby university. It all started last 22nd of March when I heard a noise comprising of loud music and people shouting. I recalled it was the end of term for most schools at that time so I presumed they were having a celebration. Even though it lasted till 2am in the morning, I was complacent about that matter because as a previous student I totally understand how happy they were. However, a couple of days after, I heard again loud noise and banging on the walls coming from their room. Despite my efforts of asking them a favor to minimize the disturbance this has still continued numerous times since then.

They have caused problems not only to me but to other neighbors as well. Therefore, I am seeking your assistance on taking the necessary action to stop this at once and it may be best to implement some house rules to regulate the guests and parties. I hope you will consider my request.

Yours sincerely,
sophisticated 4 / 9 2  
It all started on ...would be the correct formation

also another humble suggestion ... to begin your last paragraph formally

I hereby request you to please intervene in this matter and halt this nuisance.

Wonderful writing ...you have very well arranged all situation ... loved its flow ...
OP gmad06 20 / 151 55  
hi sophisticated,

thanks for the feedback..and i really do like this suggestion:

thanks.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK1:Letter to complain about neighbor