Ielts: complaint letter - dissatisfaction with the T-shirt

Mattgang 3 / 4  
You recently bought an item of clothing in another town, but found some problems with it after you returned home. Write a letter to the manager. In your letter,

1. Say what happened
2. Explain the problems
3. Say what you would like them to do

----------------------------------------
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the T-shirt that I bought last week.
I have been your royal customer for many years. Last Friday, I bought a T-shirt from your shop and the poor quality of this shirt makes me very disappointed. First of all, the length of two sleeves is different, which makes me impossible to wear. In addition to this, the colour of the shirt does not match the sample that I have decided in your shop.

I have already discussed these problems with one of staff - Mr. Robert in your store by phone. But he was very rude and told me he can do nothing about it, as it was purchase at a reduced price.

Unless you replace the door T-shirt, I will be forced to take a legal action.
Your earliest response would be highly appreciated
Your Sincerely,
Shigang Xing
-------------------- ----------------------------
I have been here for many days thank your guys very much i have leart a lot from here, although my knoledge in English is still poor . I will study hard to improve it.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
you've written well, you got all points that you need,,
just keep study and learn from other IELTS masters
tiaDS 73 / 235 52  
In my view, your writing is pretty good

Last Friday, I bought a T-shirt from your shop and the poor quality of this shirt makes me very disappointed.

1. Say what happened

First of all, the length of two sleeves is different, which makes me impossible to wear. In addition to this, the colour of the shirt does not match the sample that I have decided in your shop.

2. Explain the problems

3. Say what you would like them to do

In my oppinion, it will be good if you give an advice for them what should they do to overcome a complaint.

First, give them some reference to trace your purchase and then tell the reason for writing the letter. For example;
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am xxxxxx who purchased a garment from your shop in ???? (tell the branch address where you purchased the item) on the 8th May 2014 under the billing reference ?????.

However, I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction with the item purchased by me.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts: complaint letter - dissatisfaction with the T-shirt